Mydream123

Is it just me or this cycle is really slow for TRU

I applied last year and I felt like way more acceptances went out this year and it feels like hardly anyone got acceptances yet 

Edited by Mydream123
  • Like 1

Agreed. Not sure if it's because of the digital LSAT's that are causing problems or what, but I've been patiently waiting! Based on other people's "chance" posts, I think I have a good shot and would accept their offer in a heartbeat! But it is comforting to know I'm not the only one who hasn't been accepted yet... Seems like no acceptances have been given (as far as we can tell online) since mid Dec!

Edited by Schooliscool

My thoughts exactly. I've been trying to use the 2019 acceptance thread to gauge when offers will be sent out. Based on that, two additional rounds of offers should have already been sent out but nothing new has been posed in the 2020 thread. 

Getting anxious for sure! 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Ryguy96 said:

My thoughts exactly. I've been trying to use the 2019 acceptance thread to gauge when offers will be sent out. Based on that, two additional rounds of offers should have already been sent out but nothing new has been posed in the 2020 thread. 

Getting anxious for sure! 

I'll get my grandma to start praying for us.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lawstudent20202020 said:

TRU is in the process of getting a new Dean, so that may have something to do with it

The TRU Provost handles Dean hiring, the admissions department is completely unrelated and unaffected

The real issue is that the admissions department is relatively small, also deals with current student registration and graduation, and TRU has been getting a LOT of applications

The deadline is February 10th, so they're about to get hit with one last big wave of applications

Edited by canuckfanatic
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, canuckfanatic said:

The TRU Provost handles Dean hiring, the admissions department is completely unrelated and unaffected

The real issue is that the admissions department is relatively small, also deals with current student registration and graduation, and TRU has been getting a LOT of applications

The deadline is February 10th, so they're about to get hit with one last big wave of applications

Would you happen to know how they look at applications? Do those who applied earlier in the year looked at first, or are they going to look at everyone after Feb 10th and then make their decisions? 

20 minutes ago, Schooliscool said:

Would you happen to know how they look at applications? Do those who applied earlier in the year looked at first, or are they going to look at everyone after Feb 10th and then make their decisions? 

It's rolling admissions, they look at applications in the order that they arrive and start sending offers before the Feb 10th deadline. 

A lot of students who receive offers don't confirm or deny right away, which forces the school to wait and brings the admissions process to a halt until those students' deadline to respond passes. 

• Like 2

If admissions is on rolling basis, when would someoke who applied for early consideration be notified of possible acceptance, rejection, or being waitlisted? @canuckfanatic

Edited by jkm123
--

15 hours ago, jkm123 said:

If admissions is on rolling basis, when would someoke who applied for early consideration be notified of possible acceptance, rejection, or being waitlisted? @canuckfanatic

I don't really have an answer for this, but anecdotally I applied for early admission and heard nothing until April, at which point I was waitlisted. I was then accepted 2-3 weeks after that.

• Thanks 1

Has anyone heard from admissions? I for sure thought offers would be sent out today.

Is it possible that they may be changing the process this year and waiting until the application deadline has passed before giving out more offers? 

8 minutes ago, jkm123 said:

Has anyone heard from admissions? I for sure thought offers would be sent out today.

Is it possible that they may be changing the process this year and waiting until the application deadline has passed before giving out more offers? 

I contacted admissions last week. They said they started reviewing applications that were submitted early and were completed. 

Leanne also said next week they will be reviewing applications! 

1 hour ago, RJar said:

I contacted admissions last week. They said they started reviewing applications that were submitted early and were completed. 

Leanne also said next week they will be reviewing applications! 

Wow, they are really behind this cycle. Did they give any indication of when to expect offers?