unlucky98

Rejected Windsor 2020

erinl2

Let's try to keep the Rejected threads as helpful as possible for future applicants. If you want to have further discussion with anyone who posts about a rejection, please take it to PM or start a new thread for rejection discussions. Thanks.

Post your cgpa, L2, LSAT score and anything else you think might be relevant for others to know. If it's included in the post, it will discourage those questions.

Message added by erinl2

EVERYONE GET IN HERE

Woke up to a brutal email this morning that has me kind of rocked, but as I have been scouring these forums constantly looking for updates to Windsor, here's one for y'all. They're clearly making decisions lol. Pray for me with my other apps folks, I'm praying for you guys too!

Stats

OLSAS GPA: 3.66

LSAT: 159

good softs, decent references

Goodluck everyone, may the force be with you.

4 minutes ago, unlucky98 said:

EVERYONE GET IN HERE

Woke up to a brutal email this morning that has me kind of rocked, but as I have been scouring these forums constantly looking for updates to Windsor, here's one for y'all. They're clearly making decisions lol. Pray for me with my other apps folks, I'm praying for you guys too!

Stats

OLSAS GPA: 3.66

LSAT: 159

good softs, decent references

Goodluck everyone, may the force be with you.

Sorry to hear that.

What is your L2 / B2?

You have very good chance for Ottawa.

L2/B2 is 3.68, and it’ll be higher next year thankfully if I have to reapply next cycle.

For people who do get rejected today — keep your head up, and keep pushing. 

• Thanks 1

Folks, please don't have long discussions in these threads. One person has posted about receiving a rejection and there were ~20 replies to the one post. For future cycles, that will not be helpful at all if every rejection post receives 20 or more replies. Thanks for helping to keep these threads useful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Whelp, got the 'Not Admitted' on the UWin site today. Guess I'm not too surprised.

Stats: 3.4X cGPA, 3.7X B2. 160 LSAT. ECs and refs were meh. 

Edited by Wellington
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Received the email this morning

2.7 CGPA

3.3 L2

158 LSAT

Good ECs I'm a legal assistant and youth mentor for kids dealing with criminal charges, adult criminal court worker, secretary of a youth justice committee

Good references, PS. 

Not surprised though, with my low stats. Good luck to all still waiting! 

Rejected today as well! 

Best of luck to everyone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RJar said:

Rejected today as well! 

Best of luck to everyone.

stats?

Just now, lawgal17 said:

stats?

CGPA 2.7

LSAT: 161

Good References & EC. My PS wasn't great imo. 

On 3/4/2020 at 2:11 PM, Wellington said:

Whelp, got the 'Not Admitted' on the UWin site today. Guess I'm not too surprised.

Stats: 3.4X cGPA, 3.7X B2. 160 LSAT. ECs and refs were meh. 

Wow not admitted with those stats!? That’s crazy, those are great. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, RJar said:

CGPA 2.7

LSAT: 161

Good References & EC. My PS wasn't great imo. 

How long were you referred to admissions? Your LSAT is higher than mine. I just feel like I’m waiting for rejection 👎🏼 UWindsor is so hard to predict. 

2 hours ago, Lawguy1 said:

Wow not admitted with those stats!? That’s crazy, those are great. 

To be fair there's been a lot of weird stuff going on with my stats for some reason. The 3.4X is from LSAA, which is corroborated by my school's info, but OLSAS lists my overall GPA as 3.2X. I'm in fourth year and my stats have been really good for the last three semesters (especially in courses worth more credits than others), so I think it depends on the system. 

It's a big RIP though, I haven't been rejected anywhere else and Windsor hasn't even sent me an e-mail yet. I think it's likely my app rather than my stats that removed me from contention so quickly. 

17 minutes ago, Wellington said:

To be fair there's been a lot of weird stuff going on with my stats for some reason. The 3.4X is from LSAA, which is corroborated by my school's info, but OLSAS lists my overall GPA as 3.2X. I'm in fourth year and my stats have been really good for the last three semesters (especially in courses worth more credits than others), so I think it depends on the system. 

It's a big RIP though, I haven't been rejected anywhere else and Windsor hasn't even sent me an e-mail yet. I think it's likely my app rather than my stats that removed me from contention so quickly. 

Wow, that’s really interesting. I have very similar stats as you (L2: 3.7 (84%) and LSAT: 160) and haven’t heard back yet. I wrote the January LSAT so maybe that has something to do with it but I definitely agree that the admissions are impossible to predict this year and it seems consistently unpredictable through all other schools as well! Have you been accepted anywhere else yet? I talked to a few schools and they said my application hasn’t been viewed yet as I am further down the queue. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Lawguy1 said:

Wow, that’s really interesting. I have very similar stats as you (L2: 3.7 (84%) and LSAT: 160) and haven’t heard back yet. I wrote the January LSAT so maybe that has something to do with it but I definitely agree that the admissions are impossible to predict this year and it seems consistently unpredictable through all other schools as well! Have you been accepted anywhere else yet? I talked to a few schools and they said my application hasn’t been viewed yet as I am further down the queue. 

Nope, haven't heard anything from other sources, although I wrote in November so I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you. Still, I've already started looking into backup plans, making late applications to MA programs and throwing an app into the CAF as well. Never a bad idea to have a fallback for next year and apply again this summer!

Edited by Wellington

23 minutes ago, Wellington said:

Nope, haven't heard anything from other sources, although I wrote in November so I wouldn't be too concerned if I were you. Still, I've already started looking into backup plans, making late applications to MA programs and throwing an app into the CAF as well. Never a bad idea to have a fallback for next year and apply again this summer!

That’s ok, there is still a lot of time and it is still early. Lots of offers will go out after the April 1st deadline as well once people start rejecting offers. On the other hand, where did you apply for your Masters? What program? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NeverLoseHope said:

Rejected this morning. 
cGPA: 3.6, B2/L2: 3.9  LSAT:161

How is that even possible? lol 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NeverLoseHope said:

Rejected this morning. 
cGPA: 3.6, B2/L2: 3.9  LSAT:161

Did you reject Windsor's offer or did they reject you? I find it hard to believe Windsor would reject those stats lol

1 hour ago, Norms said:

Did you reject Windsor's offer or did they reject you? I find it hard to believe Windsor would reject those stats lol

Hahahaha oh wow, I didn’t even think that’s what he/she could have meant.