Turtles

Accepted (Robson Hall) 2020

erinl2

As we did last year, please keep the admitted threads clear of extraneous discussion. They will remain more valuable and easier to navigate.

Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for asking brief questions related to the stats someone posts, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. OT posts will be deleted. Thank you!

Message added by erinl2

Posted (edited)

Received an offer today at 9:47 (CDT)

I will be accepting.

Edited by Minimum
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Minimum said:

I will be accepting.

Congrats. I didn't think they'd be sending out offers this late with only ~2 weeks to start. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Minimum said:

I will be accepting.

Congratulations!

• Like 1

On 8/25/2020 at 10:11 AM, Minimum said:

I will be accepting.

Where on the Manitoba list were you?

So, this is pretty wild, but I got in today because two people dropped out due to Covid-19.

I was #17 on the Manitoba waitlist. #107 on the standard waitlist. 72.61 index score.

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• My status recently changed from "forwarded: Admissions Officer" to "forwarded for review", any idea what this means?     
    • UBC admissions may require you to provide "compelling reasons" for transferring, including compassionate grounds. TRU asks for reasons that you're transferring. University of Toronto does not consider compassionate grounds when assessing transfer applicants. Osgoode reserves half of their available transfer slots for students with compassionate grounds for transferring. Check the "admissions" page for the schools you want to transfer to. Many of them at the very least require a reason for transferring, and I'm willing to bet "because I want to" won't be enough.
    • You've done more than enough. Scoring 78%+ is very good for Emond exams. Now it's about studying smart and identifying your weak spots.  Wait for LSO to send you your mark breakdown. See what area you struggled with, and drill yourself as much as you can in that area for the next exam.  If you find that you did fine in most areas and struggled with one area, you have your answer. If you struggled in multiple areas, then you have to start rethinking an effective strategy in tackling the questions. 
    • Because I grew up and lived in Toronto my entire life, did my undergrad at UofT, and wanted to get out of Toronto for once.  And I don't regret my choice at all, but I did find the teaching at UofT to be better compared to what I experienced in Ottawa. Now I have no idea how the UofT law professors compared to the Ottawa law professors because all I have is my undergrad experience.   
    • FYI, read the LSO recruitment procedures for 2L. They identify your obligations as a student wishing to participate in OCIs....I believe one of those obligations is to inform all potential firms still considering you when you have accepted an offer. I'd take a look at those rules more specifically and, based on your original post I can tell you that the rules do apply to the region you worked in.