Reuben98

Chances? LSAT 167, L2: 3.26

I applied under the accessibility category as I am severely visually impaired. My softs are very good, and I am a first generation university student. My stats are:

LSAT: 167

cGPA: 3.0>

L2: 3.26

Fall 2019 GPA: 3.52

Does anyone have any thoughts on my chances?

• Like 2

I hope you get in!!!

Your LSAT is fantastic, but your grades are a little low. Overall, I think you have a good chance with a compelling application - which it seems like you have.

Good luck! 😃

2 minutes ago, bluecat said:

I hope you get in!!!

Your LSAT is fantastic, but your grades are a little low. Overall, I think you have a good chance with a compelling application - which it seems like you have.

Good luck! 😃

Thank you. I appreciate your input.

Just to confirm,  is your L2 also your B2?

LSAT is of course well above average for Access; B2 appears to a fair bit below, but hopefully the stellar LSAT and appropriate access claim will pull you through. I'm no expert but I'm thinking 50/50?

Difficult to be confident with access because, necessarily,  every application is of course assessed individually! 

-GM

1 minute ago, GrumpyMountie said:

Just to confirm,  is your L2 also your B2?

LSAT is of course well above average for Access; B2 appears to a fair bit below, but hopefully the stellar LSAT and appropriate access claim will pull you through. I'm no expert but I'm thinking 50/50?

Difficult to be confident with access because, necessarily,  every application is of course assessed individually! 

-GM

Yes, my L2 is my B2. Thank you for your feedback. I talked to a 2L at Queen's who also thinks it is a 50/50. Access is definitely a wild-card.

Thank you again.

• Thanks 1

I saw that someone had reacted to this thread today, so I thought I would update for anyone coming to this post in 2021:

Last cycle I got waitlisted at Osgoode and Ottawa, and was rejected from Queen's and U of T.

After upping my B2 GPA to 3.44 for this cycle, and applying more broadly, I have recieved two offers (Western and Victoria) and haven't heard from any other schools yet.

Message me if you have any questions.

Edited by Reuben98
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, Reuben98 said:

I saw that someone had reacted to this thread today, so I thought I would update for anyone coming to this post in 2021:

Last cycle I got waitlisted at Osgoode and Ottawa, and was rejected from Queen's and U of T.

After upping my B2 GPA to 3.44 for this cycle, and applying more broadly, I have recieved two offers (Western and Victoria) and haven't heard from any other schools yet.

Message me if you have any questions.

Western is L2. Your L2 must be higher than 3.44

6 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Western is L2. Your L2 must be higher than 3.44

My L2 wasn't higher than 3.44.

If you have any questions about my application, I would be happy to answer them.