Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
McJesus1995

Preliminary Statement of Marks

Recommended Posts

Hey! I've just emailed admissions to ask the same question, but I thought maybe someone on here could give me a faster response.

U of S just received my final transcript, and the only thing remaining on my application to-do list is a preliminary statement of marks. What exactly is this? When requesting transcripts to be sent from my school, there wasn't an option to send a preliminary statement of marks or anything, only my transcript. 

If it matters, I finished my degree last semester and I am currently upgrading a single class this semester (in case the law school plan doesn't pan out). Do I need to send a preliminary statement of marks, and how do I do it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm also confused by this, but from the reverse angle haha. I was taking courses last semester, so I submitted my transcript to UofS in January when those grades became available. Yet, on my application it showed the preliminary statement of marks updated as completed, but not my final transcript??? I'm hoping to get some clarification from them as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's is applicable to 4th year students like myself. our marks are not finalized (they will be final after this semester), when we have to send transcripts again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ryguy96 said:

I'm also confused by this, but from the reverse angle haha. I was taking courses last semester, so I submitted my transcript to UofS in January when those grades became available. Yet, on my application it showed the preliminary statement of marks updated as completed, but not my final transcript??? I'm hoping to get some clarification from them as well. 

Interesting! Well, if you hear from them before I update the post with their response to me, let me know!

 

22 minutes ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

I think it's is applicable to 4th year students like myself. our marks are not finalized (they will be final after this semester), when we have to send transcripts again. 

That's what I thought, but I'm in a sort of weird situation (with graduating last semester, but upgrading a course this semester--I'm not sure if I would be considered a student taking a second semester, or someone who is considered done in 1st semester) so thought I would clarify. Thanks for replying!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, McJesus1995 said:

Interesting! Well, if you hear from them before I update the post with their response to me, let me know!

After confirming with them that I was finished classes in the fall semester and not taking any additional classes in the winter semester, they cleared up both items and marked them as complete!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little update: I emailed, told them I was still taking a single class this semester, so she updated my application. The transcript I sent in before is now my preliminary statement of marks, and the next transcript for this semester will be my final transcript. Problem solved! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is truly the dumbest thing I've ever encountered in this whole process. "Preliminary statement", plus official transcript with 60 credit hours, and again final official transcript with 90 credit hours. I am tired of the hoop jumping, tired in my bones tired in my spirit!

I guess I am just emailing an unofficial transcript to Admissions since it seems my official transcript hasn't yet arrived. Sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pinkfrostedcupcakes said:

This is truly the dumbest thing I've ever encountered in this whole process. "Preliminary statement", plus official transcript with 60 credit hours, and again final official transcript with 90 credit hours. I am tired of the hoop jumping, tired in my bones tired in my spirit!

I guess I am just emailing an unofficial transcript to Admissions since it seems my official transcript hasn't yet arrived. Sigh.

are you allowed to email the unofficial one? I asked and they state they want an official transcript 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no idea. The process is so unclear to me. I'm certainly not "unallowed" to email it, so at this point I'm just sending everything everywhere. I have an official transcript with my current 60 credit hours on it's way to them at the moment.

Edited by pinkfrostedcupcakes
not enough info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...