STEM2LAW

What's going on with the new UWin account sync??

I got the email that I have to sync my account as an applicant starting Jan 17th, and when I synced and tried logging in, it redirects me to a live.com login and when I type my password, it says I've tried too many times using incorrect password (even though it was my first try). Anyone else having trouble logging in?

Windsor is a mess... my application is still incomplete for some reason and can’t get a response from multiple emails 

22 minutes ago, STEM2LAW said:

I got the email that I have to sync my account as an applicant starting Jan 17th, and when I synced and tried logging in, it redirects me to a live.com login and when I type my password, it says I've tried too many times using incorrect password (even though it was my first try). Anyone else having trouble logging in?

yeah same I can't login anymore. maybe this is a sign I should stop checking my status haha

• Like 1

it told me my password was incorrect, and when i went to reset my password it told me I couldn't without contacting an administrator or something.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, curiouslegal said:

I logged in just fine.. I had to sync my account first using the link in the email and then it worked.

I followed the link in the email too, and said It synced, but not sure why it redirects me to a microsoft login page. I put the same username and pass and says I cant log in. Did you also get redirected to the microsoft page?

1 minute ago, STEM2LAW said:

I followed the link in the email too, and said It synced, but not sure why it redirects me to a microsoft login page. I put the same username and pass and says I cant log in. Did you also get redirected to the microsoft page?

Yes. You have to put your whole username - including the @uwindsor.ca part

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

I tried what you guys said and it doesn't work for me, anyone with the same issue? 

Doesn’t work for me either 

• Like 1

Facing the same issue and didn't receive any email from the school regarding any changes with the student self service log in. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, J44N said:

Facing the same issue and didn't receive any email from the school regarding any changes with the student self service log in. 

same here

well i can log in but there is literally no application there for the graduate application site?

43 minutes ago, vvvv12345 said:

well i can log in but there is literally no application there for the graduate application site?

I thought this too when I initially tried to sign in but it's not under the graduate sign in it's still under the uwinsite student log in

19 hours ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

update - I talked to support and it is working for me now ! 

I am having the same issue and tried contacting IT but got a voicemail. Who did you contact?

On 1/17/2020 at 12:23 PM, jatthopefullawyer said:

I tried what you guys said and it doesn't work for me, anyone with the same issue? 

not working for me either! and if I attempt to do a password reset it says: 

We're sorry

You can’t reset your own password because password writeback, how your password changes in the cloud are copied to your organization’s on-premises system, isn’t turned on for your organization.

You must contact your administrator to both reset your password and to check your organization’s setup.

SSPR_0010: Your organization hasn’t turned on password writeback.
If you’re an administrator, you can get more information from the How to enable password writeback article. If you’re not an administrator, you can provide this information when you contact your administrator.

There’s a section on the site where it allows you to firstly “sync” your id and password, then it’s best if you change your password. Once your password is changed, put in [email protected] It worked for me, only to find out my file is still incomplete. Ugh 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lindsn said:

There’s a section on the site where it allows you to firstly “sync” your id and password, then it’s best if you change your password. Once your password is changed, put in [email protected] It worked for me, only to find out my file is still incomplete. Ugh 

That worked! and same here, haha