penguinh

Additional transcript needed following acceptance?

Now that I've received an acceptance I see that it says "REQ'D 1 ADDITIONAL ORIGINAL TRANSCRIPT " under my supplemental items. I recall ordering the original transcripts to be sent to Saskatchewan during the application process. I've already received my Bachelor's 2 years ago. Is there a reason why they need another official copy of the transcript after acceptance? Can't they just photocopy the copy I already sent them? 

I am guessing its the same reason that my employer asks for resumes in PDF format. If someone sends their resume in a .doc then they have failed the first and simplest barrier to entry. This is just an assumption on my part though.

Maybe they really don't like to share pieces of paper on the application committee. 

3 hours ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

I am wondering the same thing. why does this school need multiple transcripts? 

Ok I emailed them asking and they said it's stated on their website that they need 2 official copies of transcripts and that your acceptance would be incomplete without providing an additional copy. Weird. 

7 minutes ago, penguinh said:

Ok I emailed them asking and they said it's stated on their website that they need 2 official copies of transcripts and that your acceptance would be incomplete without providing an additional copy. Weird. 

did you only send one so far? 

1 minute ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

did you only send one so far? 

Yes I only sent one copy when I applied. However my supplemental list was completed before I received my acceptance. Now it's incomplete since they're requesting additional transcripts and the deposit. 

Just checked mine. I did have two copies to them so those all say completed, but my final grades from USask now say "waived" instead of completed, and they are still waiting on my deposit despite having gone in and given it to them in person yesterday.... soooooo... who knows what's going on over there... No matter how much or little it makes sense if you want to go to USask you'll have to jump through their hoops. 

You have to send two copies of your transcripts. This is mainly for people who are still in school (my acceptance was contingent on sending my 4th year grades for example). However, it makes the process more streamlined to just require it from everyone. That was my experience working for the FGSR at the U of R anyways. Basically we had a box that we checked off when people sent in the copies we required so we could move on to the next. Usually you have 2-3 people sorting through over 1000 applications so having the same requirements for everyone makes their jobs a bit easier. 

I haven't received an acceptance, however I am currently enrolled in a course this semester and USask has said they would like to see that grade once it is finished. 

I was a little surprised they wanted to just see the one grade. 

I could have swore that when I first submitted my application they only said they needed one transcript? I could just be losing it but I remember only u of a asking for two copies