icantpoonomore

Clerkship 2020

Posted (edited)

The letter of offer emails give you a few days to accept (for the FC, that is).

Edited by icantpoonomore

Is there a salary difference for Federal Court clerks if you have already articled/been called to the bar? I can't seem to find that information. 

2 minutes ago, lawstudent345 said:

Is there a salary difference for Federal Court clerks if you have already articled/been called to the bar? I can't seem to find that information. 

No. Unless something has changed recently, and I doubt that it has. It hasn't been, and honestly, shouldn't be, any different at any of the courts.

Posted (edited)

It is different at Ontario courts. Clerks are employees of MAG; I believe clerks called to the bar are members of the union and paid more than ‘articling’ clerks. Something along those lines. So it wouldn’t shock me if something similar was true for FC/FCA.

Edited by onepost

Posted (edited)

For Ontario courts you get a raise when you get called (at least, that’s how it used to be, unless something has changed).

Edited by Jaggers

20 hours ago, BCLawyerhopeful said:

Yes! BCSC. 

Can I ask where? In my interview they said they would not be making calls until next week so I am curious about whether it may differ from city to city.

8 minutes ago, EliStrahan said:

Can I ask where? In my interview they said they would not be making calls until next week so I am curious about whether it may differ from city to city.

Vancouver BCSC offers were extended yesterday. I can't speak to other courts.

4 hours ago, Vancouverite134 said:

How confident are we that ONCA offers have gone out? 

Just about as confident as my Uncle Jerry was that my Aunt Carrie loved him. 

• Haha 1

On 3/7/2020 at 6:34 PM, Vancouverite134 said:

How confident are we that ONCA offers have gone out? 

I can confirm that many (if not all?) went out on Friday evening.

I just received an email with an offer from ONCA; I was left two voicemails that my phone did not notify me of, so check your voicemails even if your phone is not showing any notifications! Good luck and congrats to everyone who applied! 

Asking for a friend - have all FCA judges made their offers? Does anyone know? I received an offer Friday and I know a few people on here did also. Wondering if my friend can still have hope :P 

• Like 1

Anyone know if the FC sends out rejection letters or just notified when accepted? Hoping to have some closure. Based on the comments above seems like some FC judges made their decisions on Friday and I am assuming more will be coming out this week!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JDLeoSands said:

Anyone know if the FC sends out rejection letters or just notified when accepted? Hoping to have some closure. Based on the comments above seems like some FC judges made their decisions on Friday and I am assuming more will be coming out this week!

I believe the latter, and then a notice to everyone once all offers have been made.  I’m on the same boat as you and really want the closure too...

Would anyone be able to give an idea of which FC judges made offers last week?

Edited by Pascale
  • Thanks 1

Got the PFO (well the we've made our hiring but we're keeping you in a pool just in case) from the TCC. Still haven't heard anything from the FCA judge i interviewed with. Will all of them have made their first offer by now, or will some of them be waiting a bit?