Luckycharm

what stats are probably good for Ryerson?

I am not sure how holistic Ryerson is... 

The acceptance posted so far the lower ranges are around 151 LSAT and GPA of 3.2.

Is it possible that Ryerson are looking at L2, B2 or best (20 ?) credits and LSAT above 150? 

These stats are lower than the acceptance posted for Lake Head and Ottawa.  

Comments? Thoughts?

Edited by Luckycharm

I am curious as well. People with low 150 scores are being accepted while by B2 of 3.9 and 157 is not accepted yet.  my ECs and interview was good too, so I don't know. 

Edited by jatthopefullawyer

24 minutes ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

I am curious as well. People with low 150 scores are being accepted while by B2 of 3.9 and 157 is not accepted yet.  my ECs and interview was good too, so I don't know. 

I guess we have wait a bit more to see a better picture. By the way, what is your cGPA?

19 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

I guess we have wait a bit more to see a better picture. By the way, what is your cGPA?

3.52, expected to go 3.58 end of semester 

I think Ryerson is being really selective with their applicants. If they like the personal statement in combination with your video and EC’s, you will have a higher chance  to get  in even if your stats are a bit lower. Since it’s holistic, it is more subjective. Everyone has a shot as long as they like your application and believe you are a fit at their law school.  

personally, I think that anything above a 3.5 gpa and a 153+ lsat has higher odds (as seen so far)  but even if your stats are lower there’s still a chance, evidently. Very unpredictable! 

Edited by Vv96
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vv96 said:

I think Ryerson is being really selective with their applicants. If they like the personal statement in combination with your video and EC’s, you will have a higher chance  to get  in even if your stats are a bit lower. Since it’s holistic, it is more subjective. Everyone has a shot as long as they like your application and believe you are a fit at their law school.  

personally, I think that anything above a 3.5 gpa and a 153+ lsat has higher odds (as seen so far)  but even if your stats are lower there’s still a chance, evidently. Very unpredictable! 

I think it is still too early to speculate. There has only been 15 acceptances on this forum, more outside? also, there is only 150 spots, which does make the school selective. however, my main point of concern is how admissions is accepting people. are they going in order by highest GPA/LSAT (like other schools) or randomly? because it definitely looks like the latter thus far. 

It would also be interesting to know how many people applied, especially since law school applications have been going downwards in recent years. 

Edited by jatthopefullawyer
  • Like 1

I wonder how much an access-to-justice oriented application is favoured as well as mature applicants who have stated entrepreneurial aspirations. That's kind of their pitch. Many of the recently-hired faculty have taught me when I did my undergrad there. Most of them are justice-oriented and very good, but i'm not sure how much that factors into the admission committee decisions.

I've got a 3.44 cGPA and 154 LSAT, so fingers crossed. Wrote the January LSAT yesterday. 

3 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Is it possible that Ryerson are looking at L2, B2 or best (20 ?) credits and LSAT above 150? 

As per the Ryerson Law website,

Ryerson Law will use the best 2 years of undergraduate degree studies (full-time equivalent) to calculate the GPA used for admission consideration. e.g. 20 one-semester courses or 10 full-year courses.

1 hour ago, Mikka said:

As per the Ryerson Law website,

Ryerson Law will use the best 2 years of undergraduate degree studies (full-time equivalent) to calculate the GPA used for admission consideration. e.g. 20 one-semester courses or 10 full-year courses.

No schools can have 100% acceptance.  How many offers will Ryerson have to give to fill the 150 spots  Ottawa gave out 900+ offers to fill the 300+ spots. Will Ryerson have to give offers to sub 150 and sub 3.? L2 later in the cycle?

I guess Ryerson has sent out more than 75 + offers if not 150 by now. The number of offers posted here may be less than 10% of the total offers out there...  

In terms of what stats are good for Ryerson, it’s very unpredictable at the moment, just like @Vv96 said.

We have no way of understanding how the school evaluates the interview responses by the applicants, for instance. We also have no idea how they look at the second part of the personal statement either, which included the hypothetical component. I doubt we'll know that for a while.

At THIS (early) point, this all that we can see:

From the “Accepted 2020” thread, about 19 people claimed to have received offers, and only 13 of them explicitly indicated their L2/B2 stats on here. Out of these 13 people, one individual had an L2/B2 lower than 3.7 (they had a 3.5). The rest had L2/B2’s of 3.7 or higher.

Most people have LSAT scores around/above the mid 150's. Out of 19 people who got offers, 14 of them had an LSAT equal to/higher than 155.

And I know CGPA isn’t considered, but if you’re wondering, 18 people have provided their CGPA’s, and 14 of them had CGPA’s higher than 3.5.

All this almost reinforces what @Vv96 said:

6 hours ago, Vv96 said:

personally, I think that anything above a 3.5 gpa and a 153+ lsat has higher odds

Remember, this is information from the forums only. There is a very strong likelihood that there are more offers out there from individuals who have no idea that these forums even exist, and haven’t provided their stats.

Edited by Gemini94
  • Like 3