Why does it ask for other law schools you are applying to? this is a personal question and there no other schools that asked me this question. should I answer? what did you guys respond to this question? thanks 

Respond honestly. You have to affirm at the end that, you answered everything truthfully. I just put in the list of uni's I applied to this cycle. 

There is no penalty to answering the question. I assume they just need it for data purposes.

I am fairly familiar with university administration (not necessarily USask). Some schools give preferential treatment to applicants who they know for sure will accept if enrollment was proffered and who do not need financial assistance. If you answered, for example, that you were only interested in USask then they would know with greater certainty that you would accept if offered. Some schools make arbitrary decisions such as "well if we reject this applicant they will just get in elsewhere" and move on. This can be true of especially high achievers who they assume will pick a 'better' school. 

This is more a factor in US school decision making than Canadian schools though. (My brother is an admissions officer in the states, so this all comes from him). 

Just be honest. I applied broadly and listed all the schools I applied to. They are certainly using it for data purposes and I doubt it holds any weight on your admissions decision.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bolieve said:

Just be honest. I applied broadly and listed all the schools I applied to. They are certainly using it for data purposes and I doubt it holds any weight on your admissions decision.

I'll second this. 

I applied at five schools and listed all of them, including the school in the city where I was living before I moved to Saskatoon. 

If the school is going to accept you, they're going to accept you. If they aren't, they won't. Don't sweat stuff like this too much.

For clarity, my brother tells me it would not have an effect on whether or not you are accepted, it MAY alter how early in the process you would find out only. Again this is mostly a US school thing, since they are much more profit driven and concerned with who can pay the full ticket.

This will never make or break an application. I also think it's better to be honest, as they are probably just trying to get a deal for who their direct competition is.

Edited by Octopolis

Is it possible for someone to post the conversion program for OLSAS GPA scale. I am currently on a 4.33 GPA scale looking to see where I stand so far, and so many calculators give me different results. :) thank you kindly 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now