Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I wrote January today and I really don't know how to feel. the test was good but I was burnt out by the last section and so I don't know about that (whether experimental or not). I am predicting a score in the range of 155-160. However, I have a score of 157 already. Should I cancel my score in case I score lower like getting a 155 or take the risk of getting a 160? I am applying to Ottawa if it makes a difference but I just want to know if it would negatively affect my app by scoring lower ! if it doesn't make a difference I guess I will just keep it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be in the minority here but I would cancel since your application won't be assessed until the Jan mark comes out. If it were me and I was not feeling confident with it, I'd be mad at myself for making my application complete so late in the cycle.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Schooliscool said:

I may be in the minority here but I would cancel since your application won't be assessed until the Jan mark comes out. If it were me and I was not feeling confident with it, I'd be mad at myself for making my application complete so late in the cycle.

I am under the impression that Ottawa assesses applications as long as an applicant has a valid LSAT score, not until they receive the January score if an earlier one exists. Unless this has changed within the past two years, I have a friend who got in with a 156 before her January score was even released.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

I wrote January today and I really don't know how to feel. the test was good but I was burnt out by the last section and so I don't know about that (whether experimental or not). I am predicting a score in the range of 155-160. However, I have a score of 157 already. Should I cancel my score in case I score lower like getting a 155 or take the risk of getting a 160? I am applying to Ottawa if it makes a difference but I just want to know if it would negatively affect my app by scoring lower ! if it doesn't make a difference I guess I will just keep it 

what is your GPA?

157 is good enough for Ottawa. Don't cancel.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you cancel, then LSAC wins. Never let LSAC win.

Unless you're applying to Alberta universities, you have nothing to lose by seeing how she goes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with the above posters who say that you should NOT cancel. It’s almost universal for test takers to feel that they did poorly walking out of the exam; that is even true for high scorers! The only time that cancelling might make sense, IMHO, is when something terrible / out of the ordinary happened. For example, you normally finish 4 games but only finished 2, or you had to use the restroom for a prolonged period of time during a section, etc. These are times when cancelling may make sense. But even then, when applying to schools that only take your highest LSAT it may not even make sense in those cases!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, I am not going to cancel and just wait for my score. I'm confident I did well but not sure how well, just hoping for those extra points in my favour to get a 160. 

18 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

what is your GPA?

157 is good enough for Ottawa. Don't cancel.

my gpa is only 3.52 so I really need a higher LSAT to get accepted at Ottawa 

Edited by jatthopefullawyer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

Thanks guys, I am not going to cancel and just wait for my score. I'm confident I did well but not sure how well, just hoping for those extra points in my favour to get a 160. 

my gpa is only 3.52 so I really need a higher LSAT to get accepted at Ottawa 

not really. 157 and  3.52 should be ok

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...