I wrote January today and I really don't know how to feel. the test was good but I was burnt out by the last section and so I don't know about that (whether experimental or not). I am predicting a score in the range of 155-160. However, I have a score of 157 already. Should I cancel my score in case I score lower like getting a 155 or take the risk of getting a 160? I am applying to Ottawa if it makes a difference but I just want to know if it would negatively affect my app by scoring lower ! if it doesn't make a difference I guess I will just keep it 

I may be in the minority here but I would cancel since your application won't be assessed until the Jan mark comes out. If it were me and I was not feeling confident with it, I'd be mad at myself for making my application complete so late in the cycle.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schooliscool said:

I may be in the minority here but I would cancel since your application won't be assessed until the Jan mark comes out. If it were me and I was not feeling confident with it, I'd be mad at myself for making my application complete so late in the cycle.

I am under the impression that Ottawa assesses applications as long as an applicant has a valid LSAT score, not until they receive the January score if an earlier one exists. Unless this has changed within the past two years, I have a friend who got in with a 156 before her January score was even released.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

I wrote January today and I really don't know how to feel. the test was good but I was burnt out by the last section and so I don't know about that (whether experimental or not). I am predicting a score in the range of 155-160. However, I have a score of 157 already. Should I cancel my score in case I score lower like getting a 155 or take the risk of getting a 160? I am applying to Ottawa if it makes a difference but I just want to know if it would negatively affect my app by scoring lower ! if it doesn't make a difference I guess I will just keep it 

what is your GPA?

157 is good enough for Ottawa. Don't cancel.

• Like 1

If you cancel, then LSAC wins. Never let LSAC win.

Unless you're applying to Alberta universities, you have nothing to lose by seeing how she goes.

• Like 2

I agree with the above posters who say that you should NOT cancel. It’s almost universal for test takers to feel that they did poorly walking out of the exam; that is even true for high scorers! The only time that cancelling might make sense, IMHO, is when something terrible / out of the ordinary happened. For example, you normally finish 4 games but only finished 2, or you had to use the restroom for a prolonged period of time during a section, etc. These are times when cancelling may make sense. But even then, when applying to schools that only take your highest LSAT it may not even make sense in those cases!

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I am not going to cancel and just wait for my score. I'm confident I did well but not sure how well, just hoping for those extra points in my favour to get a 160. 

18 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

what is your GPA?

157 is good enough for Ottawa. Don't cancel.

my gpa is only 3.52 so I really need a higher LSAT to get accepted at Ottawa 

Edited by jatthopefullawyer

12 minutes ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

Thanks guys, I am not going to cancel and just wait for my score. I'm confident I did well but not sure how well, just hoping for those extra points in my favour to get a 160. 

my gpa is only 3.52 so I really need a higher LSAT to get accepted at Ottawa 

not really. 157 and  3.52 should be ok

• Like 1