Jump to content
Wellington

Chances? 160 LSAT, L2 info below

Recommended Posts

Sorry to post this, I'm sure all these chance requests must be getting annoying but I just can't help asking. My cGPA is only 3.3, but my GPAs from each of the past three semesters (3rd year and Fall of 4th year) have been 3.75, 3.95 and 3.9. My 2nd year GPA was roughly 3.0 and my first year GPA was even lower than that. I think my softs are pretty pedestrian, and while they won't kill my application I don't think they provide any advantage. What are my chances? Do my earlier grades kill my application? 

Edited by Wellington
Incorrect value in title

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming you are in 4th year, they won't see your 4th year grades. What is your actual L2 (second and third year)? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah ok, I was just hopeful because I just requested an updated transcript to OLSAS. Not sure if I calculated my L2 right, but LSAA says 3.5. It also says my cGPA is a 3.47, whereas my transcript (Queen's) says 3.3, so I suppose the reality might be lower.

Edited by Wellington

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Wellington said:

Ah ok, I was just hopeful because I just requested an updated transcript to OLSAS. Not sure if I calculated my L2 right, but LSAA says 3.5. It also says my cGPA is a 3.47, whereas my transcript (Queen's) says 3.3, so I suppose the reality might be lower.

I think your chances are 50/50 assuming your personal statement and softs are good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, OnlyResident said:

I think your chances are 50/50 assuming your personal statement and softs are good. 

I think they're ok, although I'm not sure they'd be enough to get me through the more holistic processes: work experience in a government job including a few awards and a promotion, volunteering through the school and extra-curricular athletics. Just out of curiosity, would my stats be any more competitive at another Ontario law school? I applied everywhere but Lakehead, I figured it would be worth the money to hedge my bets. 

Edited by Wellington

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wellington said:

I think they're ok, although I'm not sure they'd be enough to get me through the more holistic processes. Just out of curiosity, would my stats be any more competitive at another Ontario law school? I applied everywhere but Lakehead, I figured it would be worth the money to hedge my bets.

You have a good chance at Ottawa  and Windsor. Worst case scenario with Queens and Westerm is you getting waitlisted and then maybe getting accepted when your 4th year marks come in. Oz and UofT are unlikely without you rewriting LSAT. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OnlyResident said:

You have a good chance at Ottawa  and Windsor. Worst case scenario with Queens and Westerm is you getting waitlisted and then maybe getting accepted when your 4th year marks come in. Oz and UofT are unlikely without you rewriting LSAT. 

Honestly that sounds perfect to me, if I get in anywhere I'll be happy :) thank you so much for all the help, I really appreciate it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...