Sign in to follow this  
barry2269

Gpa rounding rules??

Hey! 

does anyone know how u of a rounds gpa? I’m trying to manage my expectations by calculating the index, but I’m not sure how many decimals they go to or if they round up?

for context, I have a 3.985 with a rough lsat so every decimal point counts lol! Would they round to 3.9 or 4.0 or stick with 3.985?

thanks in advance!!

8 minutes ago, barry2269 said:

Hey! 

does anyone know how u of a rounds gpa? I’m trying to manage my expectations by calculating the index, but I’m not sure how many decimals they go to or if they round up?

for context, I have a 3.985 with a rough lsat so every decimal point counts lol! Would they round to 3.9 or 4.0 or stick with 3.985?

thanks in advance!!

1 hour ago, legallymarron said:

@barry2269 which index formula are you using? I wouldn’t mind doing my own calculations!

I’ve been using gpa x 22 + lsat that I found in a previous thread! I’ve been calculating the index of those already accepted to see how much it has to drop before I’m in lol desperate times 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, barry2269 said:

I’ve been using gpa x 22 + lsat that I found in a previous thread! I’ve been calculating the index of those already accepted to see how much it has to drop before I’m in lol desperate times 😂

Most likely they will use L2 GPA x 22.5 + LSAT average.😂

• Thanks 1

This gem of a post has it all! Index formulae are at the bottom.

Caveat: Not official - the formula was developed by previous applicants based on the UofA’s annually-published applicant profile. People way smarter than me have predicted that they’re using the 22.5/242 formula, but nobody really knows.

My GPA is 3.99/4, would that get rounded to 4.0 or stay as 3.99. The reason I ask is because with a 3.99 my index score is 242.775, which slight puts me above that 242 for automatic acceptance. Whereas, 4.0 puts me at 243. Not sure if it makes any difference, but curious to know. 

4 hours ago, jkm123 said:

My GPA is 3.99/4, would that get rounded to 4.0 or stay as 3.99. The reason I ask is because with a 3.99 my index score is 242.775, which slight puts me above that 242 for automatic acceptance. Whereas, 4.0 puts me at 243. Not sure if it makes any difference, but curious to know. 

If it is 3.995 then 4.0.

• Thanks 1