Hi guys, 

GPA: 3.88/4.3, TFI: 835 

I received an email from UdeM today (copied below). It kind of makes me nervous because my centre étudiant still says ''À l'étude'' but the faculty of law's website only mentions the TFI as the required French language competency test... I've never even heard of the TFLM... Any other anglophone applicants get this message? 

Let me know.

''Bonjour,

Dans le cadre de votre demande d'admission à l'Université de Montréal, vous avez fourni le résultat d'un test de français langue seconde (TFI). Afin de satisfaire au règlement pédagogique relatif à la connaissance du français du ou des programmes demandés, vous devez maintenant vous soumettre à l'épreuve de rédaction. Cette épreuve n'est pas éliminatoire. Elle est utilisée à des fins de classement.

En fonction du niveau que vous obtiendrez à cette épreuve, vous pourriez devoir suivre et réussir un ou plusieurs cours de mise à niveau en français écrit (français langue seconde) ou subir une autre évaluation (TFLM).''

14 minutes ago, 77mtl said:

Hi guys, 

I received an email from UdeM today (copied below). It kind of makes me nervous because my centre étudiant still says ''À l'étude'' but the faculty of law's website only mentions the TFI as the required French language competency test... I've never even heard of the TFLM... Any other anglophone applicants get this message? 

Let me know.

''Bonjour,

Dans le cadre de votre demande d'admission à l'Université de Montréal, vous avez fourni le résultat d'un test de français langue seconde (TFI). Afin de satisfaire au règlement pédagogique relatif à la connaissance du français du ou des programmes demandés, vous devez maintenant vous soumettre à l'épreuve de rédaction. Cette épreuve n'est pas éliminatoire. Elle est utilisée à des fins de classement.

En fonction du niveau que vous obtiendrez à cette épreuve, vous pourriez devoir suivre et réussir un ou plusieurs cours de mise à niveau en français écrit (français langue seconde) ou subir une autre évaluation (TFLM).''

I received the same email. Does it mean we are accepted ? It seems to say you have to write it following admission. 

36 minutes ago, senioryear said:

I received the same email. Does it mean we are accepted ? It seems to say you have to write it following admission. 

That's why I'm nervous lol. The email specifies that it's not an offer of admission but when you click the link for info about the test it says "Exigence de français à la suite de ladmission"...a yes or no would have also worked UdeM..😑 🙄 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 77mtl said:

Hi guys, 

Let me know.

''Bonjour,

I'm anglophone and already wrote the TFI, but got this email as well. I was told that those who write the TFI at U of M have to write an essay component as well. So, if you write the TFI elsewhere (like at ymca) then they require that you go to U of M in order to write this extra section at another time. I'm pretty sure you'll be admitted regardless of your grade on this essay, it's just to determine whether or not they'll tell you to enrol you into a French course before starting the fall semester. 

• Like 1