Sign in to follow this  
lawmomma

Chances?

I’m sitting with a 3.7 and 157. I have a newborn so studying for the LSAT was challenging. I’ll have a nanny to either return to work or start law school. Also have a Masters degree.

Any thoughts on my chances?

Thanks!

According to last year’s applicant profile (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-u9luOkViBOYVM2bWFMcmJNcUpOZVBZY0lsTVpyOGRIaGFR/view) only one student was admitted in the Regular category with your stats, which means you have a good (albeit not guaranteed) chance. (Note: the table does not include 36 students admitted in the Holistic round).

What is your L2 to the second decimal point? Did you include your Masters grades? Also, are you applying for this cycle, or for 2021? If the latter, you may consider re-doing the LSAT (acknowledging your study time restraints) and aim for a better average.

Either way, I recommend putting solid work into your PS in case your file goes to holistic review. Feel free to PM me if you want to ask about specific/personal content you’re considering including. A cursory review of my profile will show that I was a lucky holistic admit - my PS was apparently acceptable and I’m happy to share my approach.

Thanks. I’ve applied for 2020. My gpa is 3.72. And yes, that is with 24 credits from my MA (thesis-based), and the rest from my undergrad.

I put loads of work into my PS (already submitted). 🤞

Aaah, so the die is cast!

My honest opinion is that you have a chance, albeit a narrow chance, of getting in as a Regular applicant. Holistic chances are anyone’s guess. If you have not heard by end-March early April, you will likely be waitlisted.

I asked for your L2 to two decimal points because some legit geniuses in past years have come up with a pretty accurate prediction formula based on your L2 and LSAT scores (link below). Although your score is below the predicted auto-admit range, it’s not abysmally low. 
Good luck!

https://lawstudents.ca/forums/topic/57938-determining-your-l2lsatindex-score/