Lawgirl54321

Chances - 3.8 GPA and 154 lsat

Applied last year with a one point lower lsat score and got waitlisted. Unfortunately have test anxiety (explaining the score). I was pt-ing between 160-162, but choked on the real thing.

I think you are likely in waitlist territory again. Looking at the applicant profiles from last cycle 23 people were accepted with LSAT scores 154 or lower and they all had GPA's of 3.9 or higher. 

Yeah I know unfortunately. Praying they do a holistic review on my application, as I have extensive ECs. Do you think I would have a chance at any other schools in Canada? 

Edited by Lawgirl54321

I think so. I know U of C has slightly lower admission averages than U of A. UNB and Saskatchewan are possibilities. If you have extensive EC's I would look at schools that are less numbers orientated than the U of A. Still, it is possible that you get in to the U of A this year. 

While Calgary has a lower average GPA than UA, they actually have a slightly higher LSAT average,  which is not in your favour.

I would take a serious look at Saskatchewan.  Your GPA will stand out there, and the LSAT deficit isnt as large (Average was 158 last year). And in case you weren't aware, the Sask application is open until Feb 1st!

-GM

You should also take a look at UNB and TRU as well. Admissions are still open for both. UNB drops 25% lowest grades, but I’m not sure about how they weight the LSAT. TRU also prides themselves on a holistic admissions process. 

Good luck