Sign in to follow this  
LuckyCommander

Interesting Firm Cultures?

On 12/18/2019 at 8:38 PM, advantagepackage said:

I interviewed with 6 large bay st firms during in firm week, 4 of them 'seven sisters'. I could see that some firms hired a certain type of personality, and or had a certain vibe, and you could also tell a lot by the firms interview style. 

I have a suspect for the firm you say had all the banter flying around, but either way, it doesn't make it any less, or any better than other firms. Some students like that culture, some don't. That why it's up to the student to see where they think they fit, and to not go to a firm just based on the name/prestige. 

I didn’t mean anything bad by mentioning that. I thought it was interesting because I didn’t expect coworkers to be that ‘comfortable’ for a lack of a better word. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Accepted this morning via email to the Dual JD program! cGPA: 3.65 LSAT: 157 (Jan) 2 BAs, did a summer abroad, lots of ECs with minority groups, community development, some social work-related employment experience  As a note to some of you lurkers anxiously checking these pages every morning (AKA me) please don't worry! Those emails you're waiting for will show up in your inbox one way or another, so take a deep breath, drink some water, have a snack even. You got this. 
    • Hi guys, My stats are: cGPA (OLSAS): 3.65 L2: 3.90 LSAT: 157 (Jan) ECs: Double BAs in Poli Sci and Anthropology, did a summer abroad, volunteering with strong focus on minorities/community building/started a COVID-19 response task force to bring food to homeless Work experience: Social-work related experiences with grassroots community organizations, started my own small business Reference Letters: 3 (I didn't get to see any of them as they were sent directly to OLSAS but I think the profs liked me) Goal: To become an immigration lawyer Thank you so much in advance for taking the time to read and reply ❤️
    • You're L2 GPA would need to be around 3.8 in order to have a chance at admission with a 155 LSAT, according to last year's admitted applicant profile. If you're at or above this, don't give up hope. If you're not that high, pray for TRU or Sask. Don't go to Rye except as a last resort.
    • received an offer today! CGPA: around 90% including drops LSAT: 163 General applicant
    • UofA admissions saying that to you may indeed be a not-so-subtle hint that odds are not in your favour with respect to them specifically, but it really has no bearing on your applications with the other schools. So, relax.