bmwman

NEED HELP! L2 = 3.7/4 LSAT = 158

Hi everyone! I am in need of your help. I currently have the following stats; L2 = 3.7/4 (L2 is same as my B2 grades) LSAT  = 158  around 3.3 CGPA (Ontario student attending top ranked business school) 

If anyone could make recommendations as to where I should apply in Canada it would be greatly appreciated. My options are open and I am willing to attend any law school within Canada. Please let me know where my highest chances would be based on your expertise/knowledge. 

Thank you for your time! 

Edited by bmwman

8 minutes ago, bmwman said:

Hi everyone! I am in need of your help. I currently have the following stats; L2 = 3.7/4 LSAT  = 158  around 3.3 CGPA (Ontario student attending top ranked business school) 

If anyone could make recommendations as to where I should apply in Canada it would be greatly appreciated. My options are open and I am willing to attend any law school within Canada. Please let me know where my highest chances would be based on your expertise/knowledge. 

Thank you for your time! 

Hi! I assume you are looking to apply next cycle? Although you might have a chance at some schools (I'll let others speak to that), I think  you should consider writing the LSAT again. You would have a lot of time to bring up your score and would open more options. 

Edited by dwight98

Hello! Yes, thinking of applying next cycle but want to get a head start on everything. Wanted to know if I would be competitive with these stats without re-write and if so where.. 

I recommend looking over the acceptance threads of this years cycle (and looking over previous years) to garner an idea of how competitive you may be at schools you are interested in. I have similar stats as you (No official LSAT, cancelled and retaking Jan 2020). I live out West so have focused on different schools than you are likely will being in Ontario.

Out west I have focused in on UCalgary, UAlberta and TRU as they provide the most competitive admission chances for LSAT scores hovering around 160. However initially in my research I was interested in Ontario schools and from my quick research your stats could be competitive at Ottawa, Western, Queens and Windsor. Though take the Ontario schools with a bit more grain of salt.

Decent chance at Windsor, Lakehead, maybe UNB as is.

If you get your LSAT north of 160, everything else in Ontario opens up except maybe UofT, unless you're 166+

No one has mentioned Saskatchewan yet, but they are a primarily B2 school with medians for both GPA and LSAT lower than your.

Further, if you really want to, you could try applying to Sask this year as the deadline is February 1st. 

The big asterisk is that Sask doesn't actually disclose what weight they give to a "Saskatchewan Connection" , which it sounds like you probably don't have.

-GM

• Like 1