Peggyscove

Accepted (TRU) 2020

erinl2

As we did last cycle, please keep the Admitted threads clear of extraneous discussion. They will remain more valuable and easier to navigate.

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for asking brief questions related to the stats someone posts, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. OT posts will be deleted. Thank you!

Message added by erinl2

Accepted today!

L2-3.99

good ecs I think!

will be declining for u of a so an extra spot will be opening up! :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, barry2269 said:

Accepted today!

L2-3.99

good ecs I think!

will be declining for u of a so an extra spot will be opening up! :)

Were you early admission as well? :)

25 minutes ago, nickrk20 said:

Were you early admission as well? :)

I applied in September but had to send in fall grades in January! I hope that answers your question lol!

2 hours ago, westcoaster5000 said:

I have nearly identical LSAT and L20 GPA stats, and in the same situation with work and volunteer experience. Maybe/hopefully I’ll get an email today as well 😬😬😬

Good luck!! I hope you get one as well! 😊

Got the e-mail this morning!

LSAT: 162

L2: 3.9/4.0 (self-calculated)

Pretty sure I won't be accepting. Congrats everyone! :) 

Accepted yesterday!

L2 is around 4.1/4.33

LSAT: 153

Work in unrelated fields throughout my undergrad, not really any ecs, and presumably good references and personal statement as I wasn't expecting any acceptances until late in the cycle

2 hours ago, KayleyBoutcher said:

Accepted yesterday!

L2 is around 4.1/4.33

Work in unrelated fields throughout my undergrad, not really any ecs, and presumably good references and personal statement as I wasn't expecting any acceptances until late in the cycle

Congrats! When was your application completed? 

4 hours ago, KayleyBoutcher said:

Accepted yesterday!

L2 is around 4.1/4.33

Are you from out west?

Posted (edited)

I was under the impression that GPA and LSAT scores are looked at equally but based on the acceptances in this thread (high GPA and low LSAT score applicants) that does not appear to be the case. Does a high GPA supersede a high LSAT score? 

Edit: Or rather, does a high GPA/low LSAT score supersede a low GPA/high LSAT score?

Edited by sportslawver

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sportslawver said:

I was under the impression that GPA and LSAT scores are looked at equally but based on the acceptances in this thread (high GPA and low LSAT score applicants) that does not appear to be the case. Does a high GPA supersede a high LSAT score? 

Edit: Or rather, does a high GPA/low LSAT score supersede a low GPA/high LSAT score?

GPA and LSAT are looked at equally. This means if your LSAT is a few points below, you can offset that by having a GPA that's a few points above. Then of course because TRU uses a holistic process, your extra curriculars, work experience, personal statement, and references are also weighed into the equation when evaluating your application and can make up for lower GPA/LSAT.

Edited by canuckfanatic

7 hours ago, SK20 said:

Congrats! When was your application completed? 

I applied in October and my application was complete January 17!

Accepted last week! However, I will be accepting my offer to Dal & will be notifying TRU today. Congratulations everyone!

CGPA: 3.54 OLSAS CGPA: 3.47 L2: 3.96 LSAT: 156 Strong personal statement and references. Also a lot of leadership (president and founder of legal association during my B.A.), volunteer, and work (paralegal/ LAA) experience. I also got my B.A. in legal studies. BC resident.

Accepted to TRU this morning. Will be withdrawing my application as I have already committed to UVic. Good luck to everyone!

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, dodem said:

Accepted to TRU this morning. Will be withdrawing my application as I have already committed to UVic. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats! What are your stats? 

8 hours ago, marsbar said:

Accepted last week! However, I will be accepting my offer to Dal & will be notifying TRU today. Congratulations everyone!

CGPA: 3.54 OLSAS CGPA: 3.47 L2: 3.96 LSAT: 156 Strong personal statement and references. Also a lot of leadership (president and founder of legal association during my B.A.), volunteer, and work (paralegal/ LAA) experience. I also got my B.A. in legal studies. BC resident.

When is the deadline to accept 

Posted (edited)

Accepted today, will be declining 

LSAT 154

L2 3.3/4.33

Edited by flower93

30 minutes ago, flower93 said:

Accepted today, will be declining 

LSAT 154

L2 3.3/4.33

We’re you a regular category? And when is the deadline to accept

26 minutes ago, Mydream123 said:

We’re you a regular category? And when is the deadline to accept

Indigenous applicant, not sure if that makes a difference! My deadline is April 12, but will be letting them know I’m declining so they can offer the spot to someone else. :) 

• Like 1