Vv96

Accepted (Ryerson) 2020

erinl2

As we did last cycle, please keep the Admitted threads clear of extraneous discussion. They will remain more valuable and easier to navigate.

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for asking brief questions related to the stats someone posts, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. OT posts will be deleted. Thank you!

Message added by erinl2

Accepted January 9th. Good EC with athletic background.  Toronto born and raised.

LSAT: 153, 156

GPA: 3.7 

Long time lurker here. Thought I'd come out the dark and give some stats for comparison's sake.

Accepted on Jan 7th.

CGPA 3.77

L2: 3.85

LSAT: 141, 153, Awaiting Jan 2020 score.

Best of luck to everyone!

• Like 2

After being waitlisted at Western, Queens and Ottawa till labour day last cycle, so grateful to receive an acceptance!! 

Accepted January 13 through RAMSS & OLSAS. 

CGPA: 3.6

LSAT: 159 (awaiting January 2020 score) 

Congratulations to everyone accepted and good luck to everyone waiting! :) 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, MKK said:

After being waitlisted at Western, Queens and Ottawa till labour day last cycle, so grateful to receive an acceptance!! 

Accepted January 13 through RAMSS & OLSAS. 

CGPA: 3.6

LSAT: 159 (awaiting January 2020 score) 

Congratulations to everyone accepted and good luck to everyone waiting! :) 

congratulations! did you get waitlisted last cycle with the same stats? 

@accesstojustice thank you! Yeah I got waitlisted with these stats and accepted to Windsor dual JD but ultimately decided not to go

In as of Jan. 15! Appears in RAMSS communicatons, not yet in OLSAS

OLSAS cGPA: 3.30

B2/L2: 3.84

LSAT: 165

Significant legal work experience & equity considerations

• Like 1

I cannot believe I'm writing this post but accepted on January 13th through RAMSS! 

OLSAS GPA: 3.64

L2: 3.66 / B2: 3.68

LSAT: 157 (highest score)

Ontario resident. Strong PS. Worked throughout my undergrad and was involved in a few ECs. I've been looking at this forum for the last few years hoping to get in one day and I can't believe it finally happened. I was waitlisted last year at multiple schools but never got in. To anyone who feels as if their GPA or LSAT score is slightly lower than what most schools are looking for please do not lose hope!! I promise you all your hard work will pay off! I'm so thankful for Ryerson and their truly holistic approach. It's so refreshing to not feel like a number anymore. I will definitely be accepting as this was my top choice and I am so excited and proud of how diverse the program will be based off these posts so far.

I really hope this helps other applicants!

Edited by oceann
  • Like 8

25 minutes ago, oceann said:

I cannot believe I'm writing this post but accepted on January 13th through RAMSS! 

OLSAS GPA: 3.64

L2: 3.66 / B2: 3.68

LSAT: 157 (highest score)

Ontario resident. Strong PS. Worked throughout my undergrad and was involved in a few ECs. I've been looking at this forum for the last few years hoping to get in one day and I can't believe it finally happened. I was waitlisted last year at multiple schools but never got in. To anyone who feels as if their GPA or LSAT score is slightly lower than what most schools are looking for please do not lose hope!! I promise you all your hard work will pay off! I'm so thankful for Ryerson and their truly holistic approach. It's so refreshing to not feel like a number anymore. I will definitely be accepting as this was my top choice and I am so excited and proud of how diverse the program will be based off these posts so far.

I really hope this helps other applicants!

Now you get a chance to learn Python. Congratulations!

You are still a number, either 1 (true) or 0 (false).😂

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Dude, come on. This person worked hard to get into law school. Why poke fun at them now? 

Major congrats oceann. You're going to law school and on your way to becoming a lawyer. Wish you the best of luck in the rest of the process. 

Apparently you guys don't get what I meant - I was saying Ryerson will teach Python programming (coding bootcamp) and  he / she is a big number there.

Congratulations again!

Edited by NeverGiveUp

As we did last cycle, please keep the Admitted threads clear of extraneous discussion. They will remain more valuable and easier to navigate.

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for asking brief questions related to the stats someone posts, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. OT posts will be deleted. Thank you!

Message added by erinl2

Accepted as of January 15th and crazy excited, Ryerson was my number one (I know I'll probably get a lot of shit for that lol)!

GPA: 3.1

LSAT: 154

Did my undergrad at UofT, amazing extracurriculars (didn't have too many though, but very community related), also sports background. Felt like I completely bombed the interview.. didn't get to finish 2 or 3 of the questions. Definitely a holistic view on the admissions though, it seemed like the personal essays/recommendation letters were a huge part of their decision making since I felt those were my strengths.. Curious how others felt.

Regardless congrats to everybody who got in and can't wait to see the other 149 test dummies who accept the offer in September!

Also, I'm not too familiar with this whole "bootcamp" thing that is incorporated into the curriculum, can anybody who has experience with it explain to me how exactly that works..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThatDude said:

Accepted as of January 15th and crazy excited, Ryerson was my number one (I know I'll probably get a lot of shit for that lol)!

GPA: 3.1

LSAT: 154

Did my undergrad at UofT, amazing extracurriculars (didn't have too many though, but very community related), also sports background. Felt like I completely bombed the interview.. didn't get to finish 2 or 3 of the questions. Definitely a holistic view on the admissions though, it seemed like the personal essays/recommendation letters were a huge part of their decision making since I felt those were my strengths.. Curious how others felt.

Regardless congrats to everybody who got in and can't wait to see the other 149 test dummies who accept the offer in September!

Also, I'm not too familiar with this whole "bootcamp" thing that is incorporated into the curriculum, can anybody who has experience with it explain to me how exactly that works..

Congrats! Is that your CGPA or L2?

2 hours ago, lawgal17 said:

Congrats! Is that your CGPA or L2?

Thank you! But it’s my CGPA I honestly haven’t even bothered to figure out my L2, I would assume it’s around 3.3

Just received my acceptance from Ryerson University!

cGPA: 3.6

LSAT: 157

Pretty decent ECs and what I think was a phenomenal personal statement! 

Good luck to everyone! :)

• Like 2

Okay, folks, the mod team has had to delete several posts. Please do not respond to a long past post and restart the snark. Please do not start other conversations.  And, please, read the banner at the top of the page and try to keep with the program!  Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Accepted on Jan 24th, just saw it now!!! :)

I AM ECSTATIC ! I went from feeling extremely discouraged and receiving 0 Canadian law school acceptances last year to TWO already before the end of January this year. Congratulations to everyone already accepted and good luck to those waiting! It really is worth it to test your patience and re-apply. Never give up!! 

cGPA: 3.4 L2: 3.7 LSAT: 152

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKJ said:

Accepted on Jan 24th, just saw it now!!! :)

I AM ECSTATIC ! I went from feeling extremely discouraged and receiving 0 Canadian law school acceptances last year to TWO already before the end of January this year. Congratulations to everyone already accepted and good luck to those waiting! It really is worth it to test your patience and re-apply. Never give up!! 

cGPA: 3.4 L2: 3.7 LSAT: 152

congrats! May I ask what your EC's/references were like? 

Late to the party, but here it is!

Accepted January 7

CGPA: 3.6 (inaccurate, because its from two schools. My most recent is probably around 3.8-ish?).
LSAT: 155
L2: probably around 3.9 (I went to York, 9 point scale. All A's and A+'s in my final two years).

Strong PS (IMO) + amazing references + lots of extracurricular/volunteer. Extensive work experience (worked ~30 hours/week while in school)

I've applied to Osgoode for 3 consecutive years, so it's refreshing to finally get an offer from a Toronto school! :mrgreen:

28 minutes ago, lawgal17 said:

congrats! May I ask what your EC's/references were like? 

Thank you 🙂 I think what really helped my application this year were my references and work experience. I've been working full time at a law firm downtown since I graduated with my Bachelor's degree in 2018. I work for the sole owner of the firm who was my first reference. I think this helped a lot. My second reference was from one of my professors during undergrad. His reference helped support my personal statement where I discussed losing my father during finals week of my third year of my BA but still continuing to write my exams and finish my degree within 4 years. That was also the first semester I made honour roll and my professor was able to speak to that in my reference letter. As far as EC's go I worked a lot, volunteered with some political and other organizations (pm for details) and volunteered with my school. * Also I felt pretty confident with my video interview. 

Hope this helps! 
Edited by AKJ
  • Thanks 1