Vv96

Accepted (Ryerson) 2020

erinl2

As we did last cycle, please keep the Admitted threads clear of extraneous discussion. They will remain more valuable and easier to navigate.

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for asking brief questions related to the stats someone posts, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. OT posts will be deleted. Thank you!

Message added by erinl2

Accepted on RAMSS today at 4:30pm! 
I guess you can say I’m shook. Very shook..

Cumulative average from my university: 89.9% 

OLSAS GPA: 3.85 

B2: 3.96

LSAT: 154, 155

general category, Ontario resident. 

good luck everyone :) 

Edited by Vv96
  • Like 7

Congratulations Vv96 (:

Accepted December 10, myself!

No OLSAS update or email. I logged into RAMSS by chance and saw the offer on there. 

Best to luck to everyone as the admissions cycle rolls on. 

• Like 3

Just now, curiouslegal said:

Stats?

I did my undergrad at uOttawa. Will have completed an M.A in Labour Studies by the start of the 2020 school year. Strong written statements and work/volunteer experience. 

GPA: 3.51

B2: 3.79

LSAT: 153. 1 write. 

• Like 1

Accepted Dec.10  No notification outside of RAMSS, and didn't even bother checking until I saw this thread, as my stats are lower.

OLSAS GPA: 3.6

LSAT:155 ( planning on re-writing in January)

No crazy ecs but involved long term in most of them, good references.

Edited by roslym
  • Like 5

Please keep the extraneous discussion to a new thread or to PM. Several posts have been deleted.

6 hours ago, roslym said:

Accepted Dec.10  No notification outside of RAMSS, and didn't even bother checking until I saw this thread, as my stats are lower.

OLSAS GPA: 3.6

LSAT:155 ( planning on re-writing in January)

No crazy ecs but involved long term in most of them, good references.

Whats your b2?

8 minutes ago, TimhortonsCup said:

Whats your b2?

not 100% sure as my school is on 4.5 scale... but my B2 are all either As or A+s if that helps 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, gerlando said:

Anyone on their RAMSS say no active application prior to any notification?

I only found out about my acceptance from reading the communications. It says no active application

• Like 2

Accepted today. Stats: LSAT 155, GPA (from UK Uni) 3.63. Work in a law firm and have extensive background and passion in tech so that might have helped in the interview portion..? Super shocked but so grateful! 

• Like 1

I received an offer as well. No notice from OLSAS but happened to sign on and check RAMSS. Surprised I was granted acceptance already as I wrote the LSAT in September (163) but rewrote in November and those scores aren't released yet.

Will likely accept as I also signed an employment offer at Sickkids today and they are willing to work around my law school schedule come next year. 

Edited by pmcc

10 minutes ago, pmcc said:

Will likely accept as I also signed an employment offer at Sickkids today and they are willing to work around my law school schedule come next year. 

You haven't applied to any other Toronto school?

6 minutes ago, pzabbythesecond said:

You haven't applied to any other Toronto school?

I have but my cGPA is likely too low for UofT. I double majored in chemical physics and human kinetics while working full time (dumb decision) and didn't realize how much a few points would impact me GPA until later. Last 2 years my GPA went up close to 4.0 and since then I've completed a Masters in Clinical Biophysics and PhD in Medical Biophysics and worked in tech/entrepreneurship a lot. Technically I would also be an employee of UofT with this position so I don't know if that would make it messy between doing both. Ryerson was actually my top choice.

A lot of people see Ryerson as being new and a bad idea, but I view it more of an opportunity to become heavily involved, as long as you're willing to deal with some ups and downs. For those people looking to make their own path I think it will be interesting. Maybe a naive choice, guess we'll find out.

Edit: Sorry new to the forum saw the rules now delete as necessary.

Edited by pmcc
  • Like 3

@pmcc I agree 100 percent with you. I'm glad hear there are others that see Ryerson Law as a HUGE opportunity. It is my #1 choice as well. I'll be in touch with you via PM once I've been accepted. Our views are quite aligned on this subject.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CanadianVeteran said:

Congratulations to all of those who got accepted! 

By the way, what does "high GPA splitter" mean? 

I am confused by terms such as, "splitters," "reserve splitters," "super splitters," "GPA splitters," and "Traditional splitters." 

Could someone please clarify for me? 

Thank you,

CV

A splitter is someone who has one value in their application far higher than the other, often much higher than the median. Contrast that with people who have both their GPA and LSAT close to the average.  What they’re referring to here is people with great GPA’s but lower LSATs. I believe everything you’ve mentioned falls into some form of what I’ve said. 

• Like 1