legallybronde9

Referred to Admissions Committee

52 minutes ago, futurefamilylawyer23 said:

Does anyone know the average time to be referred before a decision is reached? Does UWindsor group based on stats or do they go through each application as they come? My stats are pretty low but i have extraordinary circumstances that i outlined in my statements. i've been referred for 3 weeks and i'm so anxious. I just want to know if i should be expecting a response soon or if my application is put towards the bottom of the pile in favour of those with higher stats? Windsor really doesn't seem to have a method haha

There is no average time of waiting between being referred and a decision being made. I have been referred for longer than you and my status has not updated. Windsor is a black box of sorts and it is hard to determine what their process is because they don't make that information public. You just have to sit tight...it is still early on in the cycle!

• Like 1

I was doing my daily anxious check of UWintsite and noticed a "Award Profile" option that was previously not there has been added. I'm assuming this is standard but wanted to check if everyone else got the same? 

My status is still "Referred - Admissions Committee" 

Anyone still just referred? At this point, is still being referred a bad thing? I'd imagine the class is on its way to being full?

I can never tell if the end of April is late in the cycle, early or the mid-way point 

1 hour ago, 0LHopeful said:

Anyone still just referred? At this point, is still being referred a bad thing? I'd imagine the class is on its way to being full?

I can never tell if the end of April is late in the cycle, early or the mid-way point 

I was referred till two weeks ago and then got an acceptance. Windsor very unpredictable. 

On 4/29/2020 at 11:40 AM, sean170 said:

I was referred till two weeks ago and then got an acceptance. Windsor very unpredictable. 

Hmm, this makes me believe if you are referred and your stats are over a certain threshold they'll read it right away but if they aren't they put you back in the pile and then you just continue to get bumped further and further down (which I don't take issue with). 

But that seems like the only logically reason as to why some people wait 2 weeks while others wait 2 months.

I just wish there was a way to find out if your file is being actively read or is still waiting to be read. I'm nearing the 6~ weeks mark and going stir crazy.