Hegdis

Three things.

1 hour ago, Jaggers said:

Probably Subaru.

are you trying to indirectly out someone  

8 minutes ago, Jaggers said:

Doesn’t everyone in Hegdis’ town drive a Subaru?

I thought you were referring to the fact that all Subaru owners are weirdly proud and expressive about their cars.

1. My neighbourhood. Narrow, tree-lined streets, parks, coffee shops, restaurants, bars and grocery stores in walking distance. I love that I bike or take transit to work and don’t drive.

2. but when I do drive, I also love my car. It makes a big vroom noise and has fun bells and whistles. It’s a joy to drive.

3. my new home office setup that lets me work from home, and the fact that my job is flexible enough to allow for working from home from time to time.

• Like 2

I guess I'll add a fourth to fit in: I have been taking really nice baths about twice a week and I swear it has improved my quality of life. 

Edited by CoffeeandLaw

3 hours ago, pzabbythesecond said:

I thought you were referring to the fact that all Subaru owners are weirdly proud and expressive about their cars.

Yes, that was the joke. It could also be a VW Golf.

• Like 1

1. Not worrying about spending money on vacation - That means buying things I want and eating where I want.  I have been on vacation with people on a budget and to me that's not the point of vacation.

2. Not packing a lunch.  Criminal litigation means you break when the court decides and have little or no say in how long your lunch is so I eat on the go all the time.  Usually it is with the other lawyers but its nice not packing a lunch every day.

3. If I want or need something I just buy it and dont have to wait until pay day -A stick breaks, I need to fix my car etc...

• Like 1

1) very few things in this gig are trying to kill me - in my old ones, basically everything was

2) If it is sunny - I can go outside, if it isn't I don't have to.  Anyone ever have to put in a 16 hour day in the rain/snow or -25?.. that shit sucks!

3) My furnace went on the fritz.  Its going to cost $2,000 to repair.  That sucks - but it really won't affect my or my family's life in any meaningful way (well we are running the fireplace more - its kinda nice).

• Like 1

I don't have a big TV, but I do have a projector that can put up a screen 15 feet wide (200+ inches diagonal) on to my blinds :) I don't use it often - in the last year, just for my Super Bowl party and a couple of epic Super Mario Kart sessions. But it definitely makes me happy.

1. My weird and wonderful rescue cat.

2. Living in a place where I have the time, access, and support to have a meaningful role in my community.

3. My recreational sports leagues (the first thing that taught me how to put my foot down about working late for the sake of working late.  I couldn't let the team down so I had to learn how to communicate my boundaries and other commitments to partners, and you know what? They respected that!)

(4. I got one of those restaurant style grinder cheese graters in my stocking two Christmases ago and it is *life changing*. Just throw a hunk of cheese in there and off you go. You can get them on Amazon for ~$15 and they come apart to go in the dishwasher - best gift ever!)  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jlw2 said:

1. My weird and wonderful rescue cat.

2. Living in a place where I have the time, access, and support to have a meaningful role in my community.

3. My recreational sports leagues (the first thing that taught me how to put my foot down about working late for the sake of working late.  I couldn't let the team down so I had to learn how to communicate my boundaries and other commitments to partners, and you know what? They respected that!)

(4. I got one of those restaurant style grinder cheese graters in my stocking two Christmases ago and it is *life changing*. Just throw a hunk of cheese in there and off you go. You can get them on Amazon for ~$15 and they come apart to go in the dishwasher - best gift ever!)  

It was refreshing to read this. A lot of people simply don't have the backbone to do so. (And they wonder why their life sux)

• Like 2

1.  Online sports gambling

2.  Open mats.

3.  Getting lost in a good podcast on a long drive

• Like 2

I can't wait until I have enough salary to justify regular sports leagues again. Intramurals just aren't good enough because they're not often enough, or consistent enough (6 games, sometimes 3 in two weeks and none for a month).

I used to play organized sports basically 6 times a week during high school. If I can get 4 consistent organized games a week, I'll be a happy man. I hate lifting, so one day of all body lifting does just enough for me.

• Like 1

Great thread idea @Hegdis!

1. Generally having my weekends off (used to work Saturdays and Sundays for retail);

2. Being able to eat out at lunch; and

3. Being able to go to Costco and buy the random stuff my partner requests over and above our regular groceries.

Edited by sunnyskies1992
  • Like 2