PlatoandSocrates

Accepted Alberta 2020

erinl2

As we did last cycle, please keep the Admitted threads clear of extraneous discussion. They will remain more valuable and easier to navigate.

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for asking brief questions related to the stats someone posts, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. OT posts will be deleted. Thank you!

Message added by erinl2

Hey, Congrats to all of you!!

Does anyone know when does the last call of offers go out? I was told that it could be as late as end of aug. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, freshman said:

Hey, Congrats to all of you!!

Does anyone know when does the last call of offers go out? I was told that it could be as late as end of aug. 

Thanks!

I think a waitlist will he made relatively soon, next couple months at least. People could be accepted off of it right up till late August, I’ve heard of people being accepted the week before class begins!

• Like 1

On 3/17/2020 at 1:40 AM, Gniyonna said:

Do you mind sharing when you submitted your app?

Like a week after applications opened. Submitted my PS in late November 

On 3/19/2020 at 6:01 PM, PlatoandSocrates said:

I think a waitlist will he made relatively soon, next couple months at least. People could be accepted off of it right up till late August, I’ve heard of people being accepted the week before class begins!

I believe people can be accepted during the first week of classes. I have heard of that happening at UofC!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ad12345 said:

I believe people can be accepted during the first week of classes. I have heard of that happening at UofC!

That’s insane. I can’t imagine having such a big life change fall in my lap like that at the last minute. Maybe it’s cause I live a 90 minute (with no traffic) drive from the nearest law school, but there’s no way I’d be ready in time!

Does anyone know if the process will be hindered due to the COVID-19 crisis?

Accepted one week after submission, with scholarship.

L2: 3.43 (self-calculated)

LSAT: 171

The meet and greet was cancelled due to COVID-19. I doubt admissions that are affected.

• Like 1

Accepted early Feb, but will be declining. Good luck to all those still waiting!

Stats (Self calculated): L2 3.76

LSAT: 162 

On 2/26/2020 at 6:37 PM, lawstudent67 said:

In today!

LSAT: 145, 152, 155, 156, 157 (hope that gives some of you hope!)

UBC grad and BC resident, GPA without drops is 87%, not sure how they calculated it!

declined for a school closer to home! Goodluck everyone!

I got in this morning! Completely in shock 

Here are my stats:

L2 GPA: 3.75

LSAT: 156 (one write lol - there is hope!) 

I applied this cycle completely unaware of the process, first time applicant and wrote my LSAT with little preparation since this was such a quick decision. I am honoured to have this opportunity and am looking forward to what this new endeavour will bring! 

Good luck to all those who are still waiting! 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, newtolaw said:

Here are my stats:

I applied this cycle completely unaware of the process, first time applicant and wrote my LSAT with little preparation since this was such a quick decision. I am honoured to have this opportunity and am looking forward to what this new endeavour will bring! 

Congrats! Were you notified via email? Or was it on beartracks?

1 hour ago, anybany said:

Congrats! Were you notified via email? Or was it on beartracks?

Thank you! I actually checked my email first - and it was also on bear tracks when I checked a few minutes later. But definitely keep an eye out for your email! Wishing you the best of luck! 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, newtolaw said:

Here are my stats:

Congrats! I have very similar stats. Did you have any amazing ECs or work experience? Any additional information would be appreciated! :) 

Edited by LegallyBlonde14

6 minutes ago, LegallyBlonde14 said:

Congrats! I have very similar stats. Did you have any amazing ECs or work experience? Any additional information would be appreciate! :) 

To be quite honest, I don't think I had anything amazing - business management, volunteer work etc. I did have a somewhat unique experience but if I were to put that on this forum, it would take away from my anonymity :). Feel free to PM me though! 

Got in this morning!! Excited

my stats are 159 LSAT and 3.68 

Good luck to those waiting and can't wait to meet others.

Accepted this morning! Completely unexpected.

L2 3.3/4.0

LSAT 159 (2 writes, 158 & 160)

Will be accepting as it is my first choice! I can't wait to meet you all in the fall.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, anj said:

L2 3.3/4.0

Will be accepting as it is my first choice! I can't wait to meet you all in the fall.

Congrats! When was your application completed?

Edited by jdapplicant1996

6 minutes ago, jdapplicant1996 said:

Congrats! When was your application completed?

honestly, i think i did the personal statement a few days before the feb 1 deadline, and they received my lsat score after that because I wrote the Jan lsat. TBH i wasn't really following too closely because I didn't think i'd get in. It was a shot in the dark

1 hour ago, anj said:

L2 3.3/4.0

EC's? If you don't mind sharing