Sign in to follow this  
Shane98

Photographic Memory

Has anyone taken multiple LSAT's with photographic memory? If you do, I'd love to hear if it helped or not. 

13 minutes ago, mistertubby said:

I can speculate that it would help greatly for RC, but only marginally affect LG and LR.

Sure, if it existed, which it does not.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, easttowest said:

Sure, if it existed, which it does not.

Yeah, photographic memory doesn't exist. Some people are really good at remembering details, but that is not so much "photographic" as it is very good recall. The verbatim recitation of a book as demonstrated by whatshisface in the first episode of Suits, if you've seen it, is not possible to do without substantial effort. Can you memorize a whole book and recite it verbatim? Sure, but not just by looking at it once (or even a few times).

Even if it were possible to do so, I don't see how it would help you with the LSAT. The exam is all about thinking, not about remembering. Maybe as others said, it could help you on the reading comprehension section, but even that is a bit more about extracting meaning rather than regurgitating what you read quickly.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Ryn said:

Yeah, photographic memory doesn't exist. Some people are really good at remembering details, but that is not so much "photographic" as it is very good recall. The verbatim recitation of a book as demonstrated by whatshisface in the first episode of Suits, if you've seen it, is not possible to do without substantial effort. Can you memorize a whole book and recite it verbatim? Sure, but not just by looking at it once (or even a few times).

Even if it were possible to do so, I don't see how it would help you with the LSAT. The exam is all about thinking, not about remembering. Maybe as others said, it could help you on the reading comprehension section, but even that is a bit more about extracting meaning rather than regurgitating what you read quickly.

I have met a lady who said she has photographic memory, on the basis that she learns fast 😞

• Haha 1