Lifeisgood

Accepted (Ottawa) 2020

erinl2

As we did last cycle, please keep the Admitted threads clear of extraneous discussion. They will remain more valuable and easier to navigate.

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for asking brief questions related to the stats someone posts, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. OT posts will be deleted. Thank you!

Message added by erinl2

Accepted today on Uzone. Lsat: 155 (Nov) , Jan (158). GPA: 3.8 (Wes)

Mature Student. I'm already a lawyer back home. studied law LL.B and LL.M. in international trade & economic Law.

So thrilled to be admitted 😄 

• Like 4

Oddly enough, I just got an email this morning notifying me of my acceptance. I didn't know they came out on weekends.

GPA: 2.91/LSAT: 167, 173

Normal category applicant, professional engineering work experience. Will be declining.

Edit: I also wasn't expecting to hear from Ottawa as they have a reputation for being a strict cGPA school, but it looks like you CAN overcome that hurdle with other aspects of your application. Some insight for future generations to consider!

Edited by Cheech
  • Like 5

VERY VERY LATE POST SORRY! I was accepted on Feb 14, I got an email to check. 

LSAT: 150/152

CGPA: 3.56/4.33

B2: 3.96/4.33

EC: LOTS - was involved with Enactus, Speech and Debate Association, Toastmasters, VP of Training for Deca (over 500 students), competed in many public speaking and case competitions, was a guest speaker at a few major events, was sent to 3 universities (nationally and internationally - including Harvard) by school to represent my uni at their conferences  

Work experience: McDonald's, worked at a local family law office, bank, and my undergrad university (to incorporate ethical training to business courses)

VERY strong references

Come from low socioeconomic status and applied Access 

Goes to show that they still consider you if you do things to make up for areas you are lacking in. Also feel free to message me if anyone needs any help or advice - I'd be very happy to help! ALSO DON'T LOSE HOPE!! people always told me my stats were too low and I wouldn't get in anywhere. Remember if you want it badly enough you will always find a way ❤️ 

Will likely be accepting but still undecided. 

• Like 1

Will likely be accepting but still undecided. 

If you were accepted in February, you would have had to provisionally accept by April 1. Did you do that?

• Like 3

10 hours ago, erinl2 said:

If you were accepted in February, you would have had to provisionally accept by April 1. Did you do that?

Yeah I already did that.

Posting on behalf of friend. 

Accepted on Monday. 

3.93 147. 

Edit: Has until July 15 to decide. 

Edited by LawGal98
Missing Info

47 minutes ago, LawGal98 said:

Posting on behalf of friend. 

Accepted on Monday. 

3.93 147. 

Edit: Has until July 15 to decide. 

Are they access? 

Accepted via email this morning 

cGPA 3.3, L2 3.93

LSAT 168 

Varsity athlete, some volunteering, undergrad moot competitions..

I’ll be declining. Best of luck to everyone still waiting! 

• Like 1

Accepted yesterday (06/25) via email

cGPA 3.49, L2 3.8

LSAT 154

Personal statement with strong focus on community work/volunteering

Will be accepting. Waitlisted last year and very grateful for the opportunity.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AZBrick said:

Accepted yesterday (06/25) via email

cGPA 3.49, L2 3.8

LSAT 154

Personal statement with strong focus on community work/volunteering

Will be accepting. Waitlisted last year and very grateful for the opportunity.  

Are you a general applicant or access? 

Long time lurker, thought I’d post! 

Accepted a few weeks back:

cGPA: 3.95 

L2: 3.88 

LSAT: 165 

Declined my offer 

Was debating wether or not to post this for anonymity reasons, but figure that it might give some hope to low cGPA applicants who view this in the future. 

cGPA 3.4ish (access category)

L2: 3.7-3.8 (self calculated)

LSAT: 164 May LSAT Flex (not sure if they took this score into account, if not my highest LSAT before this was in the 150s). 

My hands are literally shaking as I type this. @capitalttruth you're the first person I chatted with on this forum so I guess it's only fitting for things to come around full circle and go to law school with you as well! 

Looking forward to getting to know the rest of you over zoom calls in my pjs 😂😂😂

• Like 9

1 hour ago, LawSchoolJock said:

Was debating wether or not to post this for anonymity reasons, but figure that it might give some hope to low cGPA applicants who view this in the future. 

cGPA 3.4ish (access category)

L2: 3.7-3.8 (self calculated)

LSAT: 164 May LSAT Flex (not sure if they took this score into account, if not my highest LSAT before this was in the 150s). 

My hands are literally shaking as I type this. @capitalttruth you're the first person I chatted with on this forum so I guess it's only fitting for things to come around full circle and go to law school with you as well! 

Looking forward to getting to know the rest of you over zoom calls in my pjs 😂😂😂

Congrats! When did you receive your acceptance? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LawSchoolJock said:

if not my highest LSAT before this was in the 150s).

Could you be a little more specific?

Also were you wait-listed? 

• Like 1