Lifeisgood

Accepted (Ottawa) 2020

erinl2

As we did last cycle, please keep the Admitted threads clear of extraneous discussion. They will remain more valuable and easier to navigate.

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for asking brief questions related to the stats someone posts, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. OT posts will be deleted. Thank you!

Message added by erinl2

I cannot believe I get to write this.... just got in about an hour ago! cGPA 3.01 L2 3.5x, LSAT 161. It shows up on my uozone but not on OUAC yet (and no email). Does anyone know when it should show up and if I should expect an email. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sar said:

I cannot believe I get to write this.... just got in about an hour ago! cGPA 3.01 L2 3.5x, LSAT 161. It shows up on my uozone but not on OUAC yet (and no email). Does anyone know when it should show up and if I should expect an email. 

Access?

17 minutes ago, sar said:

I received an email the next business day but it only said to check Uozone. Showed up on OLSAS a couple days later :) Congratulations!

10 minutes ago, FVV23 said:

Access?

yes!

@sar congratulations!

I'm still waiting for my turn to post in here lol

2 minutes ago, lindsn said:

So after @capitalttruth mentioned about a status update, I checked my file and saw i was under evaluation. Checked again 15 mins later and saw a BIG FAT ADMITTED

I SPENT 10 MINUTES BREAKING DOWN AND CRYING TEARS OF JOY GUYS. 

AFTER FOUR YEARS OF APPLYING TO LAW SCHOOL, AND WAITLISTED AT WINDSOR (lol) THREE TIMES, I AM SO HAPPY TO SAY I GOT ADMITED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. 

anywho, 

3.56cpa, 154 lsat, 3.78l2 

good luck all. I'm going to go do some drinking now. 

We did it!

• Like 12

15 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

I can't believe I am saying this but it does look like uozone was just slow to update.

Just checked again and I am pleased to say I have been admitted to my dream school, one that took me three years to do and took every single ounce of faith to continue.

I became really cynical after a while because I didn't think I was capable of pursuing law school for a multitude of reasons, all stemming from my continuous rejections. But I knew I had something to offer and kept the faith.

I could go on and on. I have a complex mix of emotions right now but I am ultimately ecstatic. My future begins today.

THANK you to all of the well wishers and waves of support I've had on this forum. Y'all are the best.

Stats: 3.4 cGPA, 3.9 L2, 164, MA degree.

Time to show uOttawa what I'm made of! Going to accept the offer tomorrow.

WOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!! 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

I can't believe I am saying this but it does look like uozone was just slow to update.

Just checked again and I am pleased to say I have been admitted to my dream school, one that took me three years to do and took every single ounce of faith to continue.

I became really cynical after a while because I didn't think I was capable of pursuing law school for a multitude of reasons, all stemming from my continuous rejections. But I knew I had something to offer and kept the faith.

I could go on and on. I have a complex mix of emotions right now but I am ultimately ecstatic. My future begins today.

THANK you to all of the well wishers and waves of support I've had on this forum. Y'all are the best.

Thousands of congratulations, friend!! You did it!!

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

I an honestly so proud of you stranger friend. You deserve it. Great job!

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, lindsn said:

So after @capitalttruth mentioned about a status update, I checked my file and saw i was under evaluation. Checked again 15 mins later and saw a BIG FAT ADMITTED

3.56cpa, 154 lsat, 3.78l2 

good luck all. I'm going to go do some drinking now. 

52 minutes ago, capitalttruth said:

I became really cynical after a while because I didn't think I was capable of pursuing law school for a multitude of reasons, all stemming from my continuous rejections. But I knew I had something to offer and kept the faith. Part of me thinks I was never supposed to be here because of my past and the struggles I've endured. However, that's what makes this all the more special.

REALLY REALLY REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!👍

• Like 2

3 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

I became really cynical after a while because I didn't think I was capable of pursuing law school for a multitude of reasons, all stemming from my continuous rejections. But I knew I had something to offer and kept the faith. Part of me thinks I was never supposed to be here because of my past and the struggles I've endured. However, that's what makes this all the more special.

Holy crap. I actually just got shivers I'm so happy for you.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

YAY!!!! Congrats!!! ❤️ See you in September :D

• Like 2

On 4/21/2020 at 8:18 PM, capitalttruth said:

I can not think of a more deserving candidate. You can do whatever you put your mind to. I am ENDLESSLY happy for you and knew this would be your year!! PLEASE GO CELEBRATE!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Heard back from UOttawa in February but only just made an account here! Fifth-year undergrad and applied under the Access category. Otherwise am pretty boring in terms of ECs, etc.

cGPA: 3.2

L2: 3.6

LSAT: 166

Edited by binggou
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, lawcat said:

I can not think of a more deserving candidate. You can do whatever you put your mind to. I am ENDLESSLY happy for you and knew this would be your year!! PLEASE GO CELEBRATE!!!!!!

Thank you so much. I assure you that I am celebrating as much as I can within the limits of social distancing 😄. Congratulations to you as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loving these posts. I’m happy to write that I got the email this morning telling me to look at Uozone. My OLSAS cgpa is 3.23 and my lsat is 151 (Dec 2017) and 148 (Jan 2020). This is my second time applying to Ottawa, the first was in 2018, and I was rejected. I applied via the discretionary category this time though... so that might’ve made a difference + the 2 years work experience. I will be rejecting in favour of uvic, as I got into their JD/JID program. Best of luck to those still waiting, your time will come, as long as you keep working towards it! 

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone! congrats on getting in!

I got in with LSAT: 162 and cGPA: 3.85 and found out through email and UOzone!

I was thinking of making a Facebook group for the year just so people can post housing opportunities as we get closer to September! I'll make it in a few days and let you know what I call it, but if there already is one (I couldn't seem to find it) then let me know!

See you all in September :)

Edited by vickycl
added information
  • Like 2