Lifeisgood

Accepted 2020

erinl2

As we did last cycle, please keep the Admitted threads clear of extraneous discussion. They will remain more valuable and easier to navigate.

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for asking brief questions related to the stats someone posts, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. OT posts will be deleted. Thank you!

Message added by erinl2

1 hour ago, penguinh said:

No, I didn't receive one. I believe it was only those with early acceptances that received a phone call. 

As far as I know, the Common Law Section's admission committees do not give a phone call to admitted applicants to notify an acceptance.

However, I have heard that the society of the Common Law Section students gave a phone call to some admitted candidates for whatever reasons.

• Thanks 1

Ok cool thanks for clarifying for me guys!

As a side note, my admission status update email was in my junk mail and I didn't notice for two days lol

Just as a heads up for those waiting

9 hours ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

As far as I know, the Common Law Section's admission committees do not give a phone call to admitted applicants to notify an acceptance.

However, I have heard that the society of the Common Law Section students gave a phone call to some admitted candidates for whatever reasons.

7 hours ago, lawstudent9999 said:

Ok cool thanks for clarifying for me guys!

As a side note, my admission status update email was in my junk mail and I didn't notice for two days lol

Just as a heads up for those waiting

So I actually just received a call from them earlier this evening lol it was just an invite to the open house (which I told them I already RSVPed to) and they asked if I had any questions and what field of law I was interested in. So I guess they're working through that list and you'll be receiving a call soon! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, penguinh said:

So I actually just received a call from them earlier this evening lol it was just an invite to the open house (which I told them I already RSVPed to) and they asked if I had any questions and what field of law I was interested in. So I guess they're working through that list and you'll be receiving a call soon! 

Lol i actually got a call from them today but I was working and missed it but thank you for letting me know!

Accepted!

cGPA: 3.55

LSAT: 157, 154

PhD in biochemistry and PS geared toward Ottawa. ECs are nothing special.

• Like 1

I originally got in uOttawa Law last year, but I have deferred my entry into the Common Law Section by one year to finish my Master program. I was accepted to the law school last year as an Access applicant due to my permanent medical issues. The Common Law Section admissions office sent me a new offer of admission letter yesterday. 

The processes of obtaining a deferral are very formal; after firmly accepting an offer of admission via the OLSAS, paying the required deposits, and submitting a signed document that corroborates a request for deferring an acceptance, a deferral may be given. In addition, an application to other law schools will be prohibited, and a new application to uOttawa Law via the OLSAS will be required as well. (Application fees will be exempted as the Common Law Section admissions office will notify the OLSAS of the deferral of admission.)  

I just add my stats to these threads for future reference.

Stats: cGPA 3.78, LSAT 157 (an accommodated score due to my medical issues), MA in history (A- average), and Master of Information (A- average).

ECs: Volunteering at the LGBTQ2+ Archives for three years, Volunteering at museums, military services (two years), and three-years-experiences of organizing workers' unions.  

• Like 6

Accepted Feb 25! Got an email in the morning :) I was very surprised! 

cGPA: 3.58

B2: 3.9

LSAT: 155, 157

Most likely accepting, good luck everyone! 

Edited by legallyillegal

11 hours ago, legallyillegal said:

Accepted Feb 25! Got an email in the morning :) I was very surprised! 

cGPA: 3.58

B2: 3.9

LSAT: 155, 157

Most likely accepting, good luck everyone! 

may I ask what your LOR/ECs were like? thanks. 

1 hour ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

may I ask what your LOR/ECs were like? thanks. 

They were decent, I guess what might of made me stand out (considering my mediocre cGPA and LSAT) is I did a lot of things such as starting my own club on campus, 4-6 executive positions, law firm experience, 3 internships with fortunate 500 companies, working all throughout university due to financial circumstances & my personal statement was very well written according to my law school advisor 

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions :) 

5 hours ago, somuchbetter said:

Accepted Feb. 25th!

cGPA: 3.77

LSAT: 156

Applied access. I also have an alumni parent

Congrats on the offer! I literally have identical stats and hope to hear back soon.

Would you say that you have any prominent ECs, experience or strong LORs that might have stood out?

3 hours ago, MaybeOneDay97 said:

Congrats on the offer! I literally have identical stats and hope to hear back soon.

Would you say that you have any prominent ECs, experience or strong LORs that might have stood out?

Thanks! No prominent ECs (but still a lot of them that I held for years), decent-to-average LORs but a very well written PS and very strong access claim in relation to a hardship faced in third year. Best of luck!

Accepted today!! I can't stop smiling!

LSAT: 151, 154

General

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!

Accepted Feb 25th

cGPA: approx 3.85

LSA: 153 (twice) 

Currently in grad school in the UK

General

Edited by IRgeek

On 2/27/2020 at 8:57 AM, hm9820 said:

Accepted today!! I can't stop smiling!

LSAT: 151, 154

General

Good luck to everyone!!!!!!!!

Congrats! Wow exact same LSAT scores as me 😂

• Like 1

Got the offer Feb 26!

LSAT: 154

GPA (OLSAS): 3.81

Regular Admissions

got an offer a few months back, idk exactly when it showed up on the portal

LSAT 164

cGPA 3.43, L3 years 3.9

Accepted two weeks ago in the General category; forgot to update the thread. 

LSAT: 154, 160

cGPA: 3.61 

I thought my ECs, LoRs and PS were strong but they were probably average compared to all the one's I've been seeing in the accepted threads.

Good luck to anyone still waiting!!