lawcat

2020 Access Applicants

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to make a thread to share stats/success stories and any other info about applying Access this cycle.

My cGPA is 3.32, L2 3.61 and LSAT 159

I applied to Queens, Osgoode, Ottawa, Western and Windsor!

I am re-writing the LSAT in January so I am really hoping I can get a higher score. 

Edited by lawcat
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, funkyarddog said:

Access with 3.2, 3.4 L2, 163 LSAT

Applied everywhere in Ontario except for Lakehead. Chances?

You have pretty decent chances at all the schools except UofT. 

Osgoode may be more like a 40\60 split. It will depend on your access claim and personal statement.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, funkyarddog said:

Access with 3.2, 3.4 L2, 163 LSAT

Applied everywhere in Ontario except for Lakehead. Chances?

I echo the above comment - seems you may have a good chance at the L2 schools. I know that Western likes for their access applicants to have at least a 3.3cgpa though!

11 hours ago, thisproccesssucks said:

My cGPA is 2.96, L2 I'm not sure, 155 LSAT. I'm not rewriting in Jan because I am unable too. 

I applied to Queens, Osgoode, Ottawa, Lakehead, UBC, UVic, and TRU!  

I wish you the best of luck! If your L2 is 3.5+ you may have a shot at Windsor. If you can, you should try to bump up your LSAT.

3.4 cGPA, 3.85 L2, 164 LSAT, MA. Expecting to have 3.45, 3.9 L2 after Winter grades come back. This is my third time applying. I applied to uOttawa, Queens, Osgoode, and Western.

Edited by capitalttruth

1 hour ago, capitalttruth said:

3.4 cGPA, 3.85 L2, 164 LSAT, MA. Expecting to have 3.45, 3.9 L2 after Winter grades come back. This is my third time applying. I applied to uOttawa, Queens, Osgoode, and Western.

I truly wish you the best of luck. You deserve to get an acceptance before Christmas!

3.31 CGPA, 3.94 L2 (took between 3 and 4 courses per semester while working part-time  - 3.74 for Last 10) and 166 LSAT. I applied to Osgoode, Ottawa, Queens, Western and Windsor.

8 hours ago, lsapp said:

3.31 CGPA, 3.94 L2 (took between 3 and 4 courses per semester while working part-time  - 3.74 for Last 10) and 166 LSAT. I applied to Osgoode, Ottawa, Queens, Western and Windsor.

You are definitely in! With your stats, you'll probably be moved to the general category.

• Thanks 1

I applied this year. Without going into too much detail, I took 2-3 courses a semester through my entire undergraduate degree. I explained it all in my PS, and I think I had a very strong one. I have a 3.93 CGPA. My low number of courses means I probably do not qualify for a B3/L2 calculation. LSAT was 162.

I applied to UofT, Ottawa, Osgoode, Queen's, Ryerson, and Windsor. I received acceptance on Friday for Osgoode. Hope that gives some hope to access applicants who also couldn't take full course loads!

• Like 1

I applied access as I took a 5 year undergrad and felt I had to explain myself.  - my second last semester I only took 1 course. Grades also fluctuated one year due to an illness. cGPA 3.68, LSAT 166. Just got my offer at Osgoode. Also applied to Ottawa.

Best of luck to all y’all!

Chances for 3.26 cGPA, 3.58 L2 and 160 LSAT? Fall grades pending, will likely be pushed to 3.3 CGPA. L2 will likely be 3.6. Applied everywhere in Ontario.

Edited by jlawzi

On 12/6/2019 at 10:35 AM, capitalttruth said:

For this admission cycle, I believe that you will get in all law schools to which you have applied; you may face pleasant choices of selecting law schools.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 6:40 PM, lawcat said:

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to make a thread to share stats/success stories and any other info about applying Access this cycle.

My cGPA is 3.32, L2 3.61 and LSAT 159

I applied to Queens, Osgoode, Ottawa, Western and Windsor!

I am re-writing the LSAT in January so I am really hoping I can get a higher score. 

I am quite sure that you will get in Queens, Western, or Ottawa.

Best of luck to your applications!