Jump to content
LAWandHOCKEY

Waitlisted Windsor 2020

Recommended Posts

Waitlisted today: 

does anyone know my chances of acceptance? 

stats : cgpa 3.32, B2/L2 3.75 LSAT: 156

pretty good personal statement geared toward social justice and pretty good ec's (president of a law society/ involved long term w volunteer work) 

 

Edited by st2597

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait listed today after being referred since mid-February.

cGPA: 3.58

LSAT: 156

Is there anyone from this cycle that has been accepted off the wait list yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, amk said:

Wait listed today after being referred since mid-February.

cGPA: 3.58

LSAT: 156

Is there anyone from this cycle that has been accepted off the wait list yet? 

I think I've only seen one person in this thread accepted off the waitlist so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted today - notified by email as well. Late applicant as I was taking more courses to boost my CGPA after graduating undergrad a few years ago.

LSAT: 154

CGPA: 3.28

General

IMHO, lots of extracurriculars and social justice volunteering/oriented PS.

Good luck to everyone and take care.

Edited by Nburr041
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted today - notified by email. 

When I scroll over the message on my Uwinsite it says the program is now full. Does anyone know what this means in terms of where I am in the waitlist? Since I got waitlisted pretty late does this mean I'm at the top or the bottom of the list, or is there not really an order? 

Additionally, since it says the program is full does anyone know the realistic chances of getting off the waitlist? 

LSAT: 158

CGPA: 3.09

L2: approximately 3.7

IMO strong references and good extracurriculars 

Good luck everyone! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hopefulstudent209 said:

Waitlisted today - notified by email. 

When I scroll over the message on my Uwinsite it says the program is now full. Does anyone know what this means in terms of where I am in the waitlist? Since I got waitlisted pretty late does this mean I'm at the top or the bottom of the list, or is there not really an order? 

Additionally, since it says the program is full does anyone know the realistic chances of getting off the waitlist? 

LSAT: 158

CGPA: 3.09

L2: approximately 3.7

IMO strong references and good extracurriculars 

Good luck everyone! 

I was waitlisted first which was back in November or December. It said that they were full back then which of course was not correct at that time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted a few days ago

cGPA 3.08 (will hopefully be going up as I am currently in the final year of my undergrad)

L2 3.75 

155 LSAT

I would say I have great EC's and amazing references. 

Edited by bluebird10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UWin site application status changed from "Referred - Admissions Committee" to "Still to be considered". Does this mean waitlisted? No email accompanying this change in status as of yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, haveblue said:

UWin site application status changed from "Referred - Admissions Committee" to "Still to be considered". Does this mean waitlisted? No email accompanying this change in status as of yet.

Have you provisionally accepted elsewhere? I believe the prompt you're referring to shows up when you've accepting another school provisionally, but indicated on OLSAS that you still wish to be considered to Windsor. If this isn't the case, id give them a call. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Boundless said:

Have you provisionally accepted elsewhere? I believe the prompt you're referring to shows up when you've accepting another school provisionally, but indicated on OLSAS that you still wish to be considered to Windsor. If this isn't the case, id give them a call. 

Ok thanks a lot. Yes, I had recently accepted an offer provisionally. Having not received an accompanying email I believe you must be correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received the email.

lsat: 153

cgpa: 3.46

Goodluck everyone!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was waitlisted by windsor on April 2nd. Thought I posted here but I guess not, sorry. Figured I would now to add to the statistical info in this thread. 

 

Stats: GPA: 3.75, L2 Similar. LSAT: 155, 157

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted just know but asked to be removed as I had accepted an offer elsewhere. cGPA 3.23 LSAT 151 (Dec 2017) and 148 (Jan 2020). Strong softs. Please look at my other posts if you’re curious about more detailed stats. Good luck to those waiting!

Edited by M1995

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

waitlisted yesterday, notified by email! 

have been creeping this forum for a while and finally decided to make an account. 

CGPA 3.2

LSAT 154

I know my stats are low and I am not really hopeful. Recently applied to some American schools too because I am not confident about getting accepted in Ontario. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pearlwtf said:

waitlisted yesterday, notified by email! 

have been creeping this forum for a while and finally decided to make an account. 

CGPA 3.2

LSAT 154

I know my stats are low and I am not really hopeful. Recently applied to some American schools too because I am not confident about getting accepted in Ontario. 

Good luck! The OP in the Rejected thread was rejected with better stats than yours (OLSAS GPA: 3.66 LSAT: 159), along with a few more posters. What are your EC’s if you don’t mind me asking? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sportslawver said:

Good luck! The OP in the Rejected thread was rejected with better stats than yours (OLSAS GPA: 3.66 LSAT: 159), along with a few more posters. What are your EC’s if you don’t mind me asking? Thanks!

That’s honestly so shocking to me! I will say I think I have a very strong personal statement and great references from profs. My ECs include multiple executive positions for school clubs including the “justice political philosophy and law” society, tutoring, welcome week planning committee, competitive powerlifting and lots of experiential travelling. Hope this helps! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • As someone who is also anxiously awaiting admissions I would say that some comforting things that have helped me with managing if I don't get in this year are that the average admissions age is 25-26 years. I obviously don't know your age, but for me this gave comfort as it meant if I do get rejected then I will take the time to invest it in relevant work experience and boosting my LSAT score without "falling behind" the general population in law school. While age doesn't really matter, it helped me rationalize that I am really young in comparison to other applicants and I should not take it as an insult/discouragement to spend the same amount of time they have taken to invest in getting into law school. Also, you can always transfer after 1L so if you dislike your school then you can always transfer! 
    • I'm on the same boat as you, in review for most places.
    • If you’re hired, I would confirm with your firm before committing to anything.  I don’t think it’s safe to say anything at this point and, depending on the firm, you may not even be allowed to physically enter the office absent exceptional circumstances. 
    • Hey! I had extremely similar stats and the same LSAT score and I was accepted yesterday! Also a double major, work on student government, and strong reference letters! It sounds like you have a good chance at receiving an offer! Best of luck:) 
    • Former adcomm here. Assuming you have a smattering of A's to balance out your lower courses, that 175  LSAT says you'll likely get in somewhere.  Lots of schools focus on your L2 GPA, so what's that like for you? Count backwards from your most recent course until you've gotten at least 10 full credits. You can't split up school years/summers. So if your last course 10 lands on say something you took in the summer, you continue counting and include all the courses you took in the fall/winter semester leading up. If the course lands in the winter, you  include all the courses from the fall as well.  If you have a handful of courses dragging you down, you can also look at schools that drop your lowest, although I don't know of any in Ontario that calculate GPA that way. Oh, and no one will care that you took 8 years to finish your undergrad if you have a good explanation. And yours is a pretty good one. Not everyone can do school full time. Schools know this.

×
×
  • Create New...