Jump to content
LAWandHOCKEY

Waitlisted 2020

Recommended Posts

Got an email this morning that I am on the waitlist. 

My Windsor account has also been updated to "waitlisted". 

Not sure exactly what that means this early?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LAWandHOCKEY said:

Got an email this morning that I am on the waitlist. 

My Windsor account has also been updated to "waitlisted". 

Not sure exactly what that means this early?

What are your sats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have 12 tasks and no where do I see an application on my student.uwindsor account (I received a confirmation that my application was received early november). I am currently a student at UWindsor, but I am stressing because people are getting responses and my information still has not been inputted. 
Since you have been waitlisted so early, I can't imagine you will be on the waitlist for very long. You are probably one of the first in line and people will start accepting or denying offers in the new year probably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, futurefamilylawyer23 said:

I still have 12 tasks and no where do I see an application on my student.uwindsor account (I received a confirmation that my application was received early november). I am currently a student at UWindsor, but I am stressing because people are getting responses and my information still has not been inputted. 
Since you have been waitlisted so early, I can't imagine you will be on the waitlist for very long. You are probably one of the first in line and people will start accepting or denying offers in the new year probably. 

It was said in a previous post that your tasks will be 'initiated' until they review your file..it doesn't mean that they don't have your documents. No need to stress :) Also, as per previous year wait list threads, the earlier you are put on the wait list is not indication of an earlier offer or rejection. I could be wrong in that...but I recall seeing it somewhere!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, futurefamilylawyer23 said:

I still have 12 tasks and no where do I see an application on my student.uwindsor account (I received a confirmation that my application was received early november). I am currently a student at UWindsor, but I am stressing because people are getting responses and my information still has not been inputted. 
Since you have been waitlisted so early, I can't imagine you will be on the waitlist for very long. You are probably one of the first in line and people will start accepting or denying offers in the new year probably. 

Mine yesterday said "incomplete" but listed no tasks. Today waitlisted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LAWandHOCKEY said:

Mine yesterday said "incomplete" but listed no tasks. Today waitlisted. 

Well I wish you the best of luck! Your stats are better than mine for what it’s worth. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LAWandHOCKEY said:

3.08 cGPA

3.51 L2

165 LSAT

MBA will be completed soon. 

I think that you will have a good chance at Queen's Law; I am not sure about your chance at Western Law, but you have a pretty decent chance there as well. For the rest of other law schools in Ontario, I am not sure about your chances of getting in.

Best of luck with your applications! I am quite sure that you will get in at least one law school in Ontario ultimately.

Edited by ArchivesandMuseums
editing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ArchivesandMuseums said:

I think that you will have a good chance at Queen's Law; I am not sure about your chance at Western Law, but you have a pretty decent chance there as well. For the rest of other law schools in Ontario, I am not sure about your chance of getting in.

Best of luck with your applications! I am quite sure that you will get in at least one law schools in Ontario ultimatelly.

Thank you, hoping so!

I was under the impression I had a much better shot at Western than Queens, maybe not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LAWandHOCKEY said:

Thank you, hoping so!

I was under the impression I had a much better shot at Western than Queens, maybe not?

Based on my observations for the last year cycle, my impression is that Queen's law is currently more like a B2/L2 school than Western is. Western still seems to prefer applicants with cGPA 3.70+ although my perception of the law school may be wrong. You have a strong LSAT score and not bad L2 GPA. Hence, I think that you have a better chance at Queen's law than Western law.

I just advise you to check acceptance/reject/wait-listed posts for the last year admission cycle, and also look into Queen's and Western law's entering class profiles; both of them are publicly available now.

For your information, I got in Ottawa law and Windsor law last year with 3.78 cGPA, 3.84 L2, 157 LSAT, and an MA; wait-listed at Osgoode and Western law. I was outright rejected from U of T law, Queen's law, and Lakehead law.

I was an access applicant.  

Best of luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

Based on my observations for the last year cycle, my impression is that Queen's law is currently more like a B2/L2 school than Western is. Western still seems to prefer applicants with cGPA 3.70+ although my perception of the law school may be wrong. You have a strong LSAT score and not bad L2 GPA. Hence, I think that you have a better chance at Queen's law than Western law.

I just advise you to check acceptance/reject/wait-listed posts for the last year admission cycle, and also look into Queen's and Western law's entering class profiles; both of them are publicly available now.

For your information, I got in Ottawa law and Windsor law last year with 3.78 cGPA, 3.84 L2, 157 LSAT, and an MA; wait-listed at Osgoode and Western law. I was outright rejected from U of T law, Queen's law, and Lakehead law.

I was an access applicant.  

Best of luck to you!

Thank you for the info. I would love an acceptance at Windsor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, curiouslegal said:

It was said in a previous post that your tasks will be 'initiated' until they review your file..it doesn't mean that they don't have your documents. No need to stress :) Also, as per previous year wait list threads, the earlier you are put on the wait list is not indication of an earlier offer or rejection. I could be wrong in that...but I recall seeing it somewhere!

Hoping you're wrong about not having an advantage being earlier on the wait list!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LAWandHOCKEY said:

Hoping you're wrong about not having an advantage being earlier on the wait list!

I am hoping I am wrong for your sake too! I just want you to have realistic expectations and save you from refreshing the portal one million times a day ;) Best of luck this cycle! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got the email of being waitlisted ahhhhh im really hoping for an acceptance 😭

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vvvv12345 said:

I just got the email of being waitlisted ahhhhh im really hoping for an acceptance 😭

stats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, penguinh said:

stats?

cGPA w/fall semester: 3.22

L2/B2: 3.46

LSAT: 156, 160

Id like to think references were good and personal statement heavily (obviously) catered towards social justice and Windsor law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, vvvv12345 said:

cGPA w/fall semester: 3.22

L2/B2: 3.46

LSAT: 156, 160

Id like to think references were good and personal statement heavily (obviously) catered towards social justice and Windsor law.

I was wait listed with better stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vvvv12345 said:

I just got the email of being waitlisted ahhhhh im really hoping for an acceptance 😭

were you referred to adcom before this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

I was wait listed with better stats.

whats your point? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • I worked full-time at a fast food restaurant for two years prior to attending law school. I did not drink any alcohol, I used the local Tim Hortons WiFi and I relied on my city's food bank. I managed to save enough to pay for 2/3 of my law school tuition. I relied on OSAP and bursaries for the rest.
    • Hello, I was recently admitted to Osgoode and am looking to start applying for an apartment in Assiniboine or the Osgoode Chambers as soon as possible given the limited number of 1 bedroom apartment units. I firmly accepted the offer two days ago as Osgoode is my dream law school (I seriously feel so fortunate even now), and my offer response status on OASIS was updated to "accepted" I am assuming to indicate Osgoode has processed my firm acceptance on OLSAS. Now, in my e-mail offer package sent to me by Vicky, the admissions coordinator, was a student number; this student number was the same one as my current York university student number as I am finishing up my undergraduate at York at this point in time. When I follow the housing application through for newly admitted applicants I see on the York "MyFile" page my admittance into Osgoode has been confirmed, though I cannot select the "York University Apartment Lease Term" option in the the housing application portal that extends from the "MyFile" page; as in, the option isn't there at all. I haven't received the official offer letter in the mail yet, will that contain a different student number for me to use than the one currently in my online offer package sent to me by the admissions coordinator? Or, is this simply a file processing matter and the option will be available to me at a later date? I see on my OASIS page a message at the bottom that says "stay tuned for further information about your new passport York account and Osgoode student email"- I also considered my issue is related to that. Thank you in advance anyone who replies and can provide clarifying information about this process  
    • Does anybody know what the fb group is called?
    • Can someone recommend some good neighbourhoods and apartment complexes to look into? Do most law students live alone or in groups? I’d figure grad students wouldn’t live in a house with undergrad frat boys lol   Also, if anyone is looking for a clean, serious and respectful housemate next year, my DMs are open 😝
    • hi got no dog in this fight or anything but the subject matter caught my attention, so this is just an FYI sorta: i'm coming from a software background and your reluctance to treat this as being an understandable, human error because the root cause might be a software bug is kind of suspect logic (imo, sorry!) despite those debugging courses, and despite even rigorous bug testing in the development process (fantastical case, very seldom the reality in my experience working in a variety of orgs. and domains), it is an inevitability that bugs slip through the cracks, and the more obscure they are the easier they slip, and sometimes they are found in a closed-source library that you've imported, etc. so really, as far as the end-user goes, he or she may have done some innocent thing and triggered a very obscure bug resulting in the erroneous email (okay sure, kind of a convenient scenario but still very possible) best of luck and i hope it gets resolved in your favour! imma peace out nowwwwwww 😬 edit: don't get me wrong, i'd be so upset if i got this email lol... but i mean antagonizing the institution you're trying to join seems like a bad way to go either way

×
×
  • Create New...