LAWandHOCKEY

Waitlisted 2020

Got an email this morning that I am on the waitlist. 

My Windsor account has also been updated to "waitlisted". 

Not sure exactly what that means this early?

1 minute ago, LAWandHOCKEY said:

Got an email this morning that I am on the waitlist. 

My Windsor account has also been updated to "waitlisted". 

Not sure exactly what that means this early?

What are your sats?

I still have 12 tasks and no where do I see an application on my student.uwindsor account (I received a confirmation that my application was received early november). I am currently a student at UWindsor, but I am stressing because people are getting responses and my information still has not been inputted. 
Since you have been waitlisted so early, I can't imagine you will be on the waitlist for very long. You are probably one of the first in line and people will start accepting or denying offers in the new year probably. 

6 minutes ago, futurefamilylawyer23 said:

I still have 12 tasks and no where do I see an application on my student.uwindsor account (I received a confirmation that my application was received early november). I am currently a student at UWindsor, but I am stressing because people are getting responses and my information still has not been inputted. 
Since you have been waitlisted so early, I can't imagine you will be on the waitlist for very long. You are probably one of the first in line and people will start accepting or denying offers in the new year probably. 

It was said in a previous post that your tasks will be 'initiated' until they review your file..it doesn't mean that they don't have your documents. No need to stress :) Also, as per previous year wait list threads, the earlier you are put on the wait list is not indication of an earlier offer or rejection. I could be wrong in that...but I recall seeing it somewhere!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, futurefamilylawyer23 said:

Mine yesterday said "incomplete" but listed no tasks. Today waitlisted. 

19 minutes ago, LAWandHOCKEY said:

Mine yesterday said "incomplete" but listed no tasks. Today waitlisted. 

Well I wish you the best of luck! Your stats are better than mine for what it’s worth. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LAWandHOCKEY said:

3.08 cGPA

3.51 L2

165 LSAT

MBA will be completed soon. 

I think that you will have a good chance at Queen's Law; I am not sure about your chance at Western Law, but you have a pretty decent chance there as well. For the rest of other law schools in Ontario, I am not sure about your chances of getting in.

Best of luck with your applications! I am quite sure that you will get in at least one law school in Ontario ultimately.

Edited by ArchivesandMuseums
editing

Just now, ArchivesandMuseums said:

I think that you will have a good chance at Queen's Law; I am not sure about your chance at Western Law, but you have a pretty decent chance there as well. For the rest of other law schools in Ontario, I am not sure about your chance of getting in.

Best of luck with your applications! I am quite sure that you will get in at least one law schools in Ontario ultimatelly.

Thank you, hoping so!

I was under the impression I had a much better shot at Western than Queens, maybe not?

1 minute ago, LAWandHOCKEY said:

Thank you, hoping so!

I was under the impression I had a much better shot at Western than Queens, maybe not?

Based on my observations for the last year cycle, my impression is that Queen's law is currently more like a B2/L2 school than Western is. Western still seems to prefer applicants with cGPA 3.70+ although my perception of the law school may be wrong. You have a strong LSAT score and not bad L2 GPA. Hence, I think that you have a better chance at Queen's law than Western law.

I just advise you to check acceptance/reject/wait-listed posts for the last year admission cycle, and also look into Queen's and Western law's entering class profiles; both of them are publicly available now.

For your information, I got in Ottawa law and Windsor law last year with 3.78 cGPA, 3.84 L2, 157 LSAT, and an MA; wait-listed at Osgoode and Western law. I was outright rejected from U of T law, Queen's law, and Lakehead law.

I was an access applicant.  

Best of luck to you!

18 hours ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

Based on my observations for the last year cycle, my impression is that Queen's law is currently more like a B2/L2 school than Western is. Western still seems to prefer applicants with cGPA 3.70+ although my perception of the law school may be wrong. You have a strong LSAT score and not bad L2 GPA. Hence, I think that you have a better chance at Queen's law than Western law.

I just advise you to check acceptance/reject/wait-listed posts for the last year admission cycle, and also look into Queen's and Western law's entering class profiles; both of them are publicly available now.

For your information, I got in Ottawa law and Windsor law last year with 3.78 cGPA, 3.84 L2, 157 LSAT, and an MA; wait-listed at Osgoode and Western law. I was outright rejected from U of T law, Queen's law, and Lakehead law.

I was an access applicant.  

Best of luck to you!

Thank you for the info. I would love an acceptance at Windsor. 

21 hours ago, curiouslegal said:

It was said in a previous post that your tasks will be 'initiated' until they review your file..it doesn't mean that they don't have your documents. No need to stress :) Also, as per previous year wait list threads, the earlier you are put on the wait list is not indication of an earlier offer or rejection. I could be wrong in that...but I recall seeing it somewhere!

Hoping you're wrong about not having an advantage being earlier on the wait list!

Just now, LAWandHOCKEY said:

Hoping you're wrong about not having an advantage being earlier on the wait list!

I am hoping I am wrong for your sake too! I just want you to have realistic expectations and save you from refreshing the portal one million times a day ;) Best of luck this cycle! 

I just got the email of being waitlisted ahhhhh im really hoping for an acceptance 😭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vvvv12345 said:

I just got the email of being waitlisted ahhhhh im really hoping for an acceptance 😭

stats?

3 hours ago, penguinh said:

stats?

cGPA w/fall semester: 3.22

L2/B2: 3.46

LSAT: 156, 160

Id like to think references were good and personal statement heavily (obviously) catered towards social justice and Windsor law.

20 minutes ago, vvvv12345 said:

cGPA w/fall semester: 3.22

L2/B2: 3.46

LSAT: 156, 160

Id like to think references were good and personal statement heavily (obviously) catered towards social justice and Windsor law.

I was wait listed with better stats.

6 hours ago, vvvv12345 said:

were you referred to adcom before this?

20 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

I was wait listed with better stats.

whats your point? 

• Like 1