Sign in to follow this  
Ajk996

First Round Acceptance??

I’ve already heard back from UVic. Wondering if anyone knows when offers are coming out for U of A? 

First big wave is usually mid-January

They occasionally also send out offers in December for people who have already completed their degrees

• Like 1

When I looked back at the past 3 years, the first offers were reported December 14. As Dec. 14 is a Saturday this year, I expect we'll hear about some some UofA offers the following Monday. 

• Like 1

I already finished my degree so I’m hoping so something in December. Do you have any idea of what the range for merit entrance scholarship amounts are?

3 hours ago, Ajk996 said:

I already finished my degree so I’m hoping so something in December. Do you have any idea of what the range for merit entrance scholarship amounts are?

I wouldn't worry too much about entrance scholarships. A lot of $ goes out during the fall semester 

On 12/4/2019 at 10:53 PM, Ajk996 said:

I’ve already heard back from UVic. Wondering if anyone knows when offers are coming out for U of A? 

go to Uvic 

4 hours ago, Ajk996 said:

Why would you say that? Are you from U of A?

Im at u of a now and did my undergrad at uvic. Dont get me wrong u of a is a good school and its a great program. But youd have to be damn near insane to choose it over uvic. Unless, your set on practicing in Alberta/ have your life setup here.

7 minutes ago, AJD19 said:

Im at u of a now and did my undergrad at uvic. Dont get me wrong u of a is a good school and its a great program. But youd have to be damn near insane to choose it over uvic. Unless, your set on practicing in Alberta/ have your life setup here.

This is all true. Uvic is a great school. Plus, the city of Victoria > Edmonton. 

I love Edmonton; can't believe the hate it gets from virtually everyone in Canada.

Having said that, my GPA is 2.96 under U of A's calculation, and 4.06 under UVic's calculation.

Conclusion: Go to U of A so that I can go to UVic. ;)

-GM

On 12/5/2019 at 12:15 AM, Toad said:

They occasionally also send out offers in December for people who have already completed their degrees

Not just people who already have degrees. They sent me an offer today and I'm in my fourth year right now.