As the title says, my stats are:

• 3.70 GPA
  • 3.75 L2
  • 3.80 B3
  • 159 LSAT
  • Strong E/Cs
  • Strong resume
  • Strong LORs

What are my chances at Osgoode and Western?

3 hours ago, Metra said:

As the title says, my stats are:

• 3.70 GPA
  • 3.75 L2
  • 3.80 B3
  • 159 LSAT
  • Strong E/Cs
  • Strong resume
  • Strong LORs

What are my chances at Osgoode and Western?

Western very good

osgoode good

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• If you want to work in BC, then being in BC is only going to make that easier (both local law, and local connections), but Alberta is unlikely to be a bad choice for that, it just doesn't have the local benefits. It would likely have a lower cost (even Vic living would be more, never mind Vancouver). UVic coop can offer some unique opportunities unavailable to students at other schools, but it also doesn't guarantee anything, and you might find yourself competing against other students for great jobs anyway (especially for during summer).   One thing to bear in mind with UVic is that funding is heavily needs-based, so if you're in a position to pay for 2/3 of things upfront as you say, that might actually work against you a little, as people who can pay for things are expected to, and people who can't get the bursaries - which is a thing it's a little hard to complain about because people without money are the ones who need it, but it also means the ones who diligently saved can feel a little punished for being responsible. That said, it would likely be a mid point of cost between UBC and UoA - Victoria's expensive, it's not Vancouver expensive.   And UoA has a prairie winter, nobody wants that.
    • I'm a 2L UBC student as well. I'd say go to UBC. If you live at home, you'll save a lot more than going to UVic or UoA. If you don't live a home, that might be a different story, but you're not save a ton more if you go to UVic instead. If you want to work in BC, go to school in BC. None of these law schools will give you an edge in Crim law. You best bet is to learn the law in the jurisdiction you want to work in. A few of my friends are going down the crim track and I think it's partly a matter of carving out your own path. The two main crim clinics are crim clinic and Innocence Project. LSLAP also gives you great experience with crim files and court experience. We also have solid crim profs (several of which have taught SCC judges evidence law). While many people at UBC are big-law, corporate oriented, they are but a subset of the student population. UBC is mindful of this reputation, which is likely why they removed Business Organizations as a required course. We definitely have a nice building than UofA (which makes a difference if you find yourself spending a lot of time at school). I can't speak much to vibes at other schools. I have good friends here and generally get along with people. I get to leave the building and explore the rest of campus. There's socials if you like those, various clubs and lots of hang-out spots. In conclusion, come to UBC 
    • Even if that were true (I have no idea), I'd wouldn't put much stock in that given the recent hatchet job of a provincial budget. That said, 2L at UCalgary here and I think everyone I know who was looking for a Vancouver summer got one. So being the next province over isn't the end of the world if the scholarship comes into play as a big factor.
    • I know there are some other threads about this topic but I'm wondering if this holds true for specifically this scenario and there are quite a few vague or mixed answers on the topic, I'm wonder if phrasing it differently would elicit a different answer. Do BigLaw firms in Toronto/Vancouver hire people with really bad undergrad marks(CGPA) that end up doing very well in Law(1L specifically). This is a hypothetical situation. Has anyone had this experience where they were a summer student or articled in a big law firm and did well in law school but poorly in undergrad?(I suspect these are unicorns but I'm still curious)  One of the reasons I'm asking is because certain law schools attract more students who have a really great undergrad transcript and those schools have better representation in big law firms in Ontario(source: Ultravire). I'm wondering if the students advantage is also having really high undergrad marks which influence hiring. 
    • I read this question and I was really hoping someone would have wise words in response. Have you made any discoveries on how to apply for associate jobs? @mrn2008