Mmalhi

Getting into law school at Osgoode

Hi guys, I’m currently a third year student at York University. I am looking to write my lsats later this year but am worried. I have one c and one c+ on my transcript. Other than this I have one B. The rest of my grades consist of 3 b+’s and 7 A’s. I also have six courses I’m currently taking, 2 of which are full year courses. I also believe I’ll do well in my courses this term and will receive B+ onwards. I’ve been very worried lately as of the B’s and two c+‘s, as my goal is to get into Osgoode along with a strong LSAT score. I hope to hear back some options, thanks guys!

1 hour ago, Mmalhi said:

Hi guys, I’m currently a third year student at York University. I am looking to write my lsats later this year but am worried. I have one c and one c+ on my transcript. Other than this I have one B. The rest of my grades consist of 3 b+’s and 7 A’s. I also have six courses I’m currently taking, 2 of which are full year courses. I also believe I’ll do well in my courses this term and will receive B+ onwards. I’ve been very worried lately as of the B’s and two c+‘s, as my goal is to get into Osgoode along with a strong LSAT score. I hope to hear back some options, thanks guys!

Just let you know that a B+ at York is a GPA of 3.30 only in accordance with the OLSAS grades scale. For the rest of your academic years, you should get at least straight As (a GPA of 3.80 by the OLSAS scale) to boost your chances at Osgoode.

Good luck with your future studies!

3 hours ago, Mmalhi said:

You have to calculate your GPA based on OLSAS 

https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-conversion-table/

Assume they are half year courses and have same weight. Otherwise you have calculate using their respective weight too

A-  3.8     7      26.60

B+ 3.3    3         9.90

C+ 2.3    1        2.30

C  2.0     1       2.00

Total    12      40.80

GPA   40.80/12 = 3.40

You are not competitive so far.

Come back with an OLSAS GPA and LSAT score. There are also many other law schools you can apply to.