OnlyResident

Bursary Amounts in Ontario Law Schools

Hi, 

I applied to law schools in Ontario this cycle (uoft, oz, western, queens, ottawa). I will be most likely deciding on which one (assuming I get in), based on how much financial aid I will get and to minimize my debt as much as possible. 

I know uoft's financial aid is capped at 16,300/year and oz is capped at 15,000 excluding scholarships.

Would anybody be able to provide numbers of how much they got at western, queens and ottawa?

Also, how to overall minimize law school debt as much as possible would be appreciated.  

Thanks 

Edited by OnlyResident

I wish the schools would give a clearer sense of how much a typical student gets. I've applied to 9 schools and cost is a major factor. I have a spreadsheet with all the schools ranked by tuition cost, but what good is knowing the tuition without knowing what type of bursary, if any, one is likely to get?

I guess at least for people who get multiple acceptances,  they may be able to wait and see what bursaries they're offered before accepting an offer.

-GM

6 hours ago, OnlyResident said:

Hi, 

I applied to law schools in Ontario this cycle (uoft, oz, western, queens, ottawa). I will be most likely deciding on which one (assuming I get in), based on how much financial aid I will get and to minimize my debt as much as possible. 

I know uoft's financial aid is capped at 16,300/year and oz is capped at 15,000 excluding scholarships.

Would anybody be able to provide numbers of how much they got at western, queens and ottawa?

Also, how to overall minimize law school debt as much as possible would be appreciated.  

Thanks 

$5K L1 from Ottawa 2012-2013

$21K total  for L2 and L3 from OZ 2013 - 2015 

6 hours ago, GrumpyMountie said:

I wish the schools would give a clearer sense of how much a typical student gets. I've applied to 9 schools and cost is a major factor. I have a spreadsheet with all the schools ranked by tuition cost, but what good is knowing the tuition without knowing what type of bursary, if any, one is likely to get?

I guess at least for people who get multiple acceptances,  they may be able to wait and see what bursaries they're offered before accepting an offer.

-GM

Queens and western will tell u