1. Forums

1. 271

Discussions about the forums or the Discord server.

1. General

General discussion about law schools or your applications.

U of T vs. Osgoode, Queens vs. Western, so on and so forth: Get advice about which school is better to go to over another.

Questions, study tips, and general discussion about the LSAT.

Questions about lines of credit, loans, and paying for law school.

For applicants or law students looking to offer books / prep materials for purchase or sale.

1. 910

1. 2.5k

OCIs, summer jobs, applying for articling.

1. Ask a Lawyer

Not a lawyer but have a question about what it's like to be one?

4. 235

1. 6.2k
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 1 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)

• itssaulgoodman
    • Fluffs
    • LOUISLITT123
    • kklawkk
    • kai11
    • Tryingouthere
    • Renerik
    • CALaw2024
    • Allitigator99
    • jkramer79
    • BigRed
    • utahjazz
    • Lararine

• Recent Posts

• Lararine
      Accepted on April 5th.  2.8ish/4, 171, Good ECs and almost 5 years working exp. Will be decline. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
    • Lararine
      I was struggling with the same issue, and I applied broadly. According to the information I gathered online or from the admission office, Technically, Dalhousie, Alberta and Calgary will take your graduates GPA into account. Thats to be said if your graduate GPA is above the listed median, I think you got chance with the 3 schools above. However, I do also suggest to rewrite the LSAT. A 170+ score can be a game changer in my opinion. Good luck!
    • rbaa1029
      So I have a 165 LSAT, my OLSAS GPA is a 3.15, and my L2's not that much better, though I'm expecting this final semester to be a 4.0. I have a strong access claim, a unique background, good softs, solid LORs, good work experience, and good PS's. I was rejected from UCal and UVic, accepted to Ottawa and Dal, waitlisted at Osgoode, and am still waiting to hear back from a few schools. I've had a pretty successful cycle, far more successful than people online tend to say is realistic for anyone with my stats. I don't know that I'd personally recommend you to do a master's just to get into law school. That feels like a huge investment of time and money if it's not something you're separately interested in or passionate about. I think it's worth applying for at least one cycle and just seeing what happens. While stats are definitely important, we underestimate the value of uniqueness, of being able to effectively communicate your "why" for law school, and of being able to sell yourself as a candidate. My 2 cents: focus on making your application as strong as possible, apply next cycle, and don't disqualify yourself from law schools preemptively on the basis of average/median stats. You never know if you have something in your file that'll catch an adcom member's eye. Worst case scenario, you don't get in and you lose money from application fees, but that's still a lot less money than a master's, and you might be able to get feedback from adcoms to understand what to improve. Good luck with whatever you choose 🙂
    • kklawkk
      Thank you for your response! Are you waitlisted at DUAL as well? I think people have until June to pay their deposits
    • LegallyBrownxoxo
      I think we'll see more movement after May 1st when people start to decline their offers
    • Spinnaker
      Although your GPA is below the median, it is definitely not "too low" to have a good chance at at least some schools. Your LSAT is quite good - do you think you have room for improvement? If you think you can score meaningfully better and bump the 165 up to even a 168 or 170, that would make your chances go from a "50/50" to a "highly likely". Adding a Masters is not a good plan if your entire reason for taking it is to boost your GPA for law admissions. Most universities do NOT consider masters GPA for admissions purposes (U of A is one that does). Spending the time instead to improve your LSAT if your primary goal is to get into a Canadian law school would be a better bet. My OLSAS GPA was 3.26, so don't count yourself out!
    • hummusprincess
      Admitted today!!!!! So so happy and grateful!! 3.79/158
  • Recent Topics

Important Information

By accessing this website, you agree to abide by our Terms of Use. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONSTRUE ANY POST ON THIS WEBSITE AS PROVIDING LEGAL ADVICE EVEN IF SUCH POST IS MADE BY A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A LAWYER. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.