Sign in to follow this  
FVV23

Chances? cGPA: 3.51, L2: 3.75, LSAT: 157

I'll be honest, I am a little worried at the moment because all along, I had thought my cGPA was 3.7 because I had graduated with an 81% average. However, when I actually calculated it, it came out to be 3.51. I know uOttawa looks at cGPA and this does worry me, as I am below their 3.7 requirement. 

I'm applying for General but I am hopeful my GPA doesn't set me back too much.

L2: ~3.75 GPA and B3: ~3.8.

Thanks for all your support and I am happy to be on this journey with your guys as well. 

19 hours ago, FVV23 said:

I'll be honest, I am a little worried at the moment because all along, I had thought my cGPA was 3.7 because I had graduated with an 81% average. However, when I actually calculated it, it came out to be 3.51. I know uOttawa looks at cGPA and this does worry me, as I am below their 3.7 requirement. 

Thanks for all your support and I am happy to be on this journey with your guys as well. 

probably after Victoria Day and before Civic Holiday

On 11/23/2019 at 11:30 PM, FVV23 said:

I got in uOttawa law last year with fairly similar stats to yours; mine were 3.78 CGPA, 3.84 L2, 157 LSAT, and an MA.

I believe that you have a decent chance at uOttawa law, but I would say that your personal statement and ECs may affect your overall chance.

I strongly advise you to retake the LSAT and obtain a better score than your current one. If you have an LSAT score of 160+, you will have much stronger chances at most law schools in Ontario, including uOttawa law.

Best of luck with your applications!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

I got in uOttawa law last year with fairly similar stats to yours; mine were 3.78 CGPA, 3.84 L2, 157 LSAT, and an MA.

I believe that you have a decent chance at uOttawa law, but I would say that your personal statement and ECs may affect your overall chance.

I strongly advise you to retake the LSAT and obtain a better score than your current one. If you have an LSAT score of 160+, you will have much stronger chances at most law schools in Ontario, including uOttawa law.

Best of luck with your applications!

Thanks. 

When did you hear back?

12 minutes ago, FVV23 said:

Thanks. 

When did you hear back?

I got in the law school on June 18th, 2019; I was not waitlisted. For your information, I was admitted to uOttawa law under Access Categories, and immediately after I was accepted, the law school began waitlisting other applicants. I got in Windsor law as well, but chose uOttawa law; I was also waitlisted at Western law and Osgoode, but did not get in there. I was rejected from U of T law, Queen's law, and Lakehead law. 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2019 at 8:09 PM, ArchivesandMuseums said:

I got in the law school on June 18th, 2019; I was not waitlisted. For your information, I was admitted to uOttawa law under Access Categories, and immediately after I was accepted, the law school began waitlisting other applicants. I got in Windsor law as well, but chose uOttawa law; I was also waitlisted at Western law and Osgoode, but did not get in there. I was rejected from U of T law, Queen's law, and Lakehead law. 

Your application to Western and Oz was automatically withdrew two weeks later unless you rejected your offer from Ottawa.

There was a date in late Jun ( I think) when all provisionally accepted offer beccme firm and your application to all remaining schools in Ontario will be withdrawn automaticaĺly.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Your application to Western and Oz was automatically withdrew two weeks later unless you rejected your offer from Ottawa.

There was a date in late Jun ( I think) when all provisionally accepted offer beccme firm and your application to all remaining schools in Ontario will be withdrawn automaticaĺly.

Thank you for your response; I certainly know the implication of accepting an offer of admission to an Ontario law school by the early July. Yet, I honestly do not think that I had realistic chances at Western and Oz last year. With my stats, I was not competitive for the two law schools at all. I just appreciate the fact that Western and Oz even waitlisted my applications.  

@ArchivesandMueseums, how do you like Ottawa so far? Is first year as tough as they say?

23 hours ago, FVV23 said:

@ArchivesandMueseums, how do you like Ottawa so far? Is first year as tough as they say?

I have no idea of the rigor of uOttawa's law program because I have deferrred my entry into the Common Law Section's Juris Doctor program by one year (the 2020 Fall term) to finish my master degrees in March 2020. 

So, if you get in uOttawa law, we may be in the law school's same incoming class!

Good luck! 

Edited by ArchivesandMuseums
Editing
  • Like 1

Ah ok, best of luck to your masters degree!

Hopefully we can be classmates in the future!

• Like 1