Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzykittenz

Incomplete Application Review

Hello All,

Just curious, does the U of A review incomplete applications? Is it possible to get accepted without completing a personal statement or completing the lsat writing sample? 

I’ve heard of people getting in prior to people submitting their writing samples, and LSAT’s are repeated prior to completing the writing section now. Still, it seems wise to complete these ASAP. Neither of them are very labour intensive, and better to be safe than sorry. 

6 hours ago, Fuzzykittenz said:

Hello All,

Just curious, does the U of A review incomplete applications? Is it possible to get accepted without completing a personal statement or completing the lsat writing sample? 

people regularly get in without having yet submitted their personal statement 

• Like 2

I received an offer of admission and an entrance scholarship prior to submitting a personal statement. It's very possible. 

On 11/24/2019 at 12:42 PM, UAbear2018 said:

I received an offer of admission and an entrance scholarship prior to submitting a personal statement. It's very possible. 

Cool, thanks! Also, just curious what your stats were and what the value of the entrance scholarship was? (If you do not feel like sharing I understand) I have a L2 of 3.8/3.9 and 163 on the lsat, curious if that is good enough to get some sort of entrance scholarship. 

On 11/26/2019 at 4:35 PM, Fuzzykittenz said:

Cool, thanks! Also, just curious what your stats were and what the value of the entrance scholarship was? (If you do not feel like sharing I understand) I have a L2 of 3.8/3.9 and 163 on the lsat, curious if that is good enough to get some sort of entrance scholarship. 

I can't speak to those specific stats but based on the people I know, I would not be surprised if those stats received something in the environment of $2500-$5000. However, that is all but pure conjecture, so don't put too much stock into it. I personally applied with a L2 that rounded to a 3.9 and scored 168 on the LSAT and received ~$11,000 in entrance scholarships. 

• Like 2

On 11/26/2019 at 4:35 PM, Fuzzykittenz said:

Doesn't really matter if you get an entrance scholarship or not. I got $5800 in October, $1000 last week, and bursaries go out in December. Quite a few people I know received a lot of funding in October. 

• Like 1