erinl2

As we did last cycle, please keep the Admitted threads clear of extraneous discussion. They will remain more valuable and easier to navigate.

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for asking brief questions related to the stats that someone posts, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. Off topic posts will be deleted. Thank you!

Message added by erinl2

I got the call on January 14th! 

I applied in the access category 

Undergraduate cGPA: 3.5 
Graduate cGPA: 3.9
149 (My access claims explain the low score...I am so happy that I never have to look at it EVER again). 

My graduate degree is in Social Justice and Equity Studies. My thesis research, and on-campus involvement is closely related to Lakehead's 3 mandates.

I had three very strong academic references (one was from my research supervisor who is also an assistant dean, and has a law degree)

Will be accepting :) 

• Like 1

First, I would like to start off my congratulating everyone who has got their call, and wishing good luck to those still waiting. 

I got my call on the 7th, and considering this is the only school I applied to for law, it was a blessing that it was right before the LSAT 😂

cGPA: 79%

L2: 3.7

LSAT:150

3 LORs from professors who taught various Indigenous courses, all tailored to Lakehead. 

Personal statement outlined my passion to work with mining companies and Indigenous communities. I believe this is what helped me stick out as a candidate, and ultimately get the acceptance. 

I look forward to meeting you all! Is anyone from the GTA planning on going to the welcome day? 

Edited by Itsallgoodman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alyssia said:

I have officially signed up for welcome day! 

I am from Toronto. 

Are you going to be flying or driving up? I really want to go but I live in St Catharines and it just seems so far to go for one day :( 

I’m flying in on Thursday and coming home Saturday! I can add your facebook and we can discuss more from there if you’d like ? 😇

Edited by Alyssia