erinl2

As we did last cycle, please keep the Admitted threads clear of extraneous discussion. They will remain more valuable and easier to navigate.

A reminder that Accepted threads are for posting your stats only and for asking brief questions related to the stats that someone posts, e.g., asking for L2. These threads are not the place for further discussion, which should be asked via PM or in a new thread. Off topic posts will be deleted. Thank you!

Message added by erinl2

Got the call a couple hours ago! I feel like this is super early for an acceptance, but has anyone else heard anything?

• Like 1

158 LSAT 3.55 GPA 3.6 L2, MA English Lit student, very strong and related ECs

Edited by Saknugget
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, LAWandHOCKEY said:

Congrats! did you receive a call, email, or see on OLSAS?

I got a call

Im in! 

3.28 Cgpa (3.89 L2)

157 LSAT with A higher November (hopefully) on the way

Strong LORs

(Biased) strong softs [5000 community hours + Masters in Public Policy]

• Like 1

I’m in!! Received the call yesterday. 
LSAT 150, 85% last two years, 3.7 overall GPA. Bora Laskin is a great example that truly everyone has a equal chance of pursuing law school! I did have a lot of volunteer work, a great personal statement (in my opinion) and strong references. Goodluck! It truly is the best feeling receiving the call. 

• Like 1

Just got the call!

OLSAS GPA: 3.66

LSAT: 157

Regular category 

Currently finishing my undergrad in BC

Got the call yesterday at about 3pm!

GPA: 3.82, LSAT: 155, Strong EC's and PS, decent LORs.

Regular category. In my last year of my undergrad in Ontario!

I am pleased to kick off the next 'pound's of acceptances!

OLSAS cGPA: 3.73*

LSAT: 163

EC's: More or less by good luck, I would say that my life experience made me a great fit for Lakehead's 3 mandate areas, which made it an easy personal statement to write. I also did not have an academic reference, but Bora Laskin was willing to work around that even in the general category.

*I flunked out of a graduate degree, and while OLSAS does not use Graduate grades to calculate an average, I've been quietly worried that it would still be a red flag that would affect my file.

-GM

• Like 1

Got the call today!

cGPA: 3.33

L2: 3.89

Highest LSAT: 157

Average EC's but I think my PS does a good job explaining how my experiences and goals fit particularly well with 2/3 mandates.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Got the call yesterday morning!! 😀

cGPA: 3.4

L2: 3.7 

LSAT: 152 

I think I had a solid PS and great work experience (along with glowing reference letters) that really made a difference. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Edited by AKJ
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I got the call yesterday! over the moon :) 

OLSAS CGPA: 3.47

L2: 3.9

LSAT: 156

I was also very confident in my personal statement, and have a lot of work/ volunteer/ extra curricular experience. I believe my reference letters were quite strong. I am currently in the process of finishing my B.A. of Legal Studies (in my fourth year).

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! I cannot wait to meet you all :D 

Edited by marsbar
  • Like 1

I got the call as well! Super excited to get an acceptance this early! 

OLSAS CGPA: 3.24 

L2: 3.6 

LSAT: 150 (Writing again this January 13th)

I think I had a very strong personal statement. I also had a lot of EC and my references were very good!

*I am also in my 4th year in university. My fall semester I averaged a 3.9 but have yet to submit it to OLSAS. Hoping to boost my CGPA to a 3.4 

Good luck to everyone else! 

• Like 1

I just got the call this morning!

cgpa 3.99

b2/l2 4.00

lsat 157 (one write)

connections to indigenous law and the school mandate

feeling SO BLESSED

• Like 1

Accepted December 9th. Toronto Born but living in Thunder Bay. Indigenous public policy experience and strong ec. 

LSAT: 153 and 155

GPA: 3.7 

I got a call yesterday and missed it, they left a message saying they wanted to talk about my application. By the time I called back they were closed and I had to wait until today to call again 🥵

(3.88 cGPA / 3.91 L2 / 157) regular category. I didn't think my letter was that relevant to the mandates but here we are 😊