LuckyCommander

What are some of the best/worst freebies you’ve gotten from a recruiting event?

Once again, I should be studying. Help me procrastinate! 

Some of the best things I’ve seen so far are s’well water bottles, notebooks, and I think one even gave out some nice bags. 

Most common ones I find as of late are those laptop camera covers and the credit card holder that attaches to your phone. 

I see a ton of students with Smart & Biggar water bottles, so they're obviously a hit.

Baker McKenzie gave out a nice set of metal straws.

Just now, BlockedQuebecois said:

Just outed yourself to anyone that went to the 1L cover letter writing session hosted by A&B 😂

Hahahaha my immediate thought. Useful session though!

1 minute ago, chaboywb said:

I see a ton of students with Smart & Biggar water bottles, so they're obviously a hit.

Baker McKenzie gave out a nice set of metal straws.

Lenczner has slick water bottles – I've seen a bunch of the current 2L crop carrying them around, and I'm envious. Thomson Reuters gave out metal straw sets at Oz a while ago, too. 

5 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Just outed yourself to anyone that went to the 1L cover letter writing session hosted by A&B 😂

I'm sure there is more than one firm that gives speakers out. I'll say no more.

Edited by harveyspecter993

10 hours ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

Lenczner has slick water bottles – I've seen a bunch of the current 2L crop carrying them around, and I'm envious. Thomson Reuters gave out metal straw sets at Oz a while ago, too. 

The one I got was a faux-S’well. 

I got a real one from another firm, which was swiftly stolen while in the library. 

Honestly among the water bottles and reusable straws and speakers... I find the most useful are the little packs of mints that most firms give. I have a pack in every single purse/backpack I own.

One firm gave out black shoe polish. Thought it was useful. NY firms tend to give out much better stuff in general. Some TO firms give nice gifts once you’re hired: concert tickets (Goodman’s), Patagonia jackets, fitbits, swell bottle (of the authentic variety lol)

Being in house counsel, we still get some firm swag from time to time. Most of it goes right into the bin, but I do see a lot of firm branded swell bottles on people's desks. People love them. I have two myself!

When I was going to recruiting events in the UK, some of the best ones that I got were portable chargers, headphones, cardholders, coffee cups, and travel bottles. Highlighters, sticky notes, flags, and notebooks were also highly sought. One of the worst ones (in my opinion) was a chalkboard mug. It was handy, but it was really useless and unnecessary.