penguinh

Anyone else applying for the 2nd time?

Who's here for round two? How do you stay motivated and what are you doing differently this cycle? If I'm being honest I didn't think I would last this long but here we are... applications resubmitted and planning on taking the LSAT for the 4th time this November¬†ūü홬†

• Like 1

You scored 157 twice. Did you do anything different to prepare for the test this time around?

Which schools did you apply? 

12 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

You scored 157 twice. Did you do anything different to prepare for the test this time around?

Which schools did you apply? 

Yes, I'm PTing at a higher score now so hopefully I can come out with a higher LSAT. I also applied more broadly than before (Windsor, Ryerson, TRU, Saskatchewan, Manitoba). 

This is my second round too. I rewrote my PS, applied more broadly, and am rewriting the LSAT in November. It's been frustrating to reapply but I feel better about my chances this time around. How do I stay motivated? I have made some sacrifices in order to pursue law school so I guess that keeps me motivated - Can't be for nothing. I also know that I'd regret it if I didn't try again. So gotta keep chugging along!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, kmon said:

This is my second round too. I rewrote my PS, applied more broadly, and am rewriting the LSAT in November. It's been frustrating to reapply but I feel better about my chances this time around. How do I stay motivated? I have made some sacrifices in order to pursue law school so I guess that keeps me motivated - Can't be for nothing. I also know that I'd regret it if I didn't try again. So gotta keep chugging along!

do you have more than 90 credits now?

12 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Have you consider hiring a private tutor?

I did actually get one initially but I actually found more improvement from studying Loophole by Ellen Cassidy. 

10 hours ago, kmon said:

Yes! We're in this together! How are you feeling for the November LSAT? 

9 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

For those of you reapplying, did age and family (such as having dependants) play a factor in your decision? 

No. I took a year off after obtaining my bachelor's to study for the LSAT and to apply to law school, then got waitlisted. Now is the year after and I'm re-applying. So I guess I'm lucky to be relatively young so that I don't have to worry about dependents. However family did play a factor in my decision to only apply to Ontario schools my first cycle. 

I am re-applying too! I actually got into 2 Ontario schools last cycle in August but decided to take a year off instead. Applying again so I don't limit my chances and hope I hear sooner than August! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lawcat said:

I am re-applying too! I actually got into 2 Ontario schools last cycle in August but decided to take a year off instead. Applying again so I don't limit my chances and hope I hear sooner than August! 

If you don't mind me asking, why did you decide to take the year off instead if you were going to end up re-applying? Were you unable to defer the acceptances? And are you re-taking the LSAT or applying with the same stats? 

20 hours ago, penguinh said:

Who's here for round two? How do you stay motivated and what are you doing differently this cycle? If I'm being honest I didn't think I would last this long but here we are... applications resubmitted and planning on taking the LSAT for the 4th time this November¬†ūü홬†

I saw your struggles regarding the past 2019 admission cycle. I wish you get in the law schools of your dream.

Just now, ArchivesandMuseums said:

I saw your struggles regarding the past 2019 admission cycle. I wish you get in the law schools of your dream.

Thank you! I hope to join you at Ottawa but even if I don't I just want to go to law school so I don't mind going elsewhere :) 

2 hours ago, lawcat said:

I remember your posts! Best of luck with your applications for the Fall 2020 admission.

Just now, penguinh said:

Thank you! I hope to join you at Ottawa but even if I don't I just want to go to law school so I don't mind going elsewhere :) 

Thank you! You know but, I have deferred my entry into uOttawa by one year to finish my graduate degrees. So, I will be attending the law school next year!

1 minute ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

Thank you! You know but, I have deferred my entry into uOttawa by one year to finish my graduate degrees. So, I will be attending the law school next year!

Yes, I remember.¬†So if I get in, we can be in the same entering class¬†ūüėĄ

• Like 1

I’m also back for round two! Applied to osgoode, western, and Toronto last year when I was in my 4th year of undergrad. Got rejected from Toronto, waitlisted at osgoode and western with 3.69 cgpa (went up to 3.72 after 4th year grades came in), 162 lsat (Jan), weak references and abysmal personal statements. 

Back again this year applying to UBC, Toronto, osgoode, queens and western with a 3.72 cgpa, 3.79 last 2, 165 lsat, great references and solid humble personal statements.

Hopefully we all have better luck this year! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lawstudent97 said:

I’m also back for round two! Applied to osgoode, western, and Toronto last year when I was in my 4th year of undergrad. Got rejected from Toronto, waitlisted at osgoode and western with 3.69 cgpa (went up to 3.72 after 4th year grades came in), 162 lsat (Jan), weak references and abysmal personal statements. 

Back again this year applying to UBC, Toronto, osgoode, queens and western with a 3.72 cgpa, 3.79 last 2, 165 lsat, great references and solid humble personal statements.

Hopefully we all have better luck this year! 

Nice ūüėĄ!¬† How did you know you had weak references? Are you completely done with your LSAT?

I was feeling good about November LSAT but then I started looking at diagramming the LG section differently. That was a big mistake. So we'll see what happens! How are you feeling?

4 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

do you have more than 90 credits now?

No I will have 87 credits. Long story short, when I applied last year there was confusion surrounding the number of courses I had completed and that impacted gpa calculations.  I have applied under the mature/age categories again. I'm just hoping the proactive steps I took this time around will change the way my application is interpreted. 

3 hours ago, Deadpool said:

For those of you reapplying, did age and family (such as having dependants) play a factor in your decision? 

I'm reapplying because I didn't get in last year. I am older and don't feel that I can take time off in between cycles. Does that answer your question?

2 minutes ago, kmon said:

I was feeling good about November LSAT but then I started looking at diagramming the LG section differently. That was a big mistake. So we'll see what happens! How are you feeling?

No I will have 87 credits. Long story short, when I applied last year there was confusion surrounding the number of courses I had completed and that impacted gpa calculations.  I have applied under the mature/age categories again. I'm just hoping the proactive steps I took this time around will change the way my application is interpreted. 

I'm reapplying because I didn't get in last year. I am older and don't feel that I can take time off in between cycles. Does that answer your question?

What do you mean by diagramming differently? Are you able to unlearn the new method to not trip yourself out? For me, I'm done. I'm so over the LSAT and I just want to write it and have it over with. I'm more than ready to face it. 

Does having 87 credits disqualify you from applying?