Sign in to follow this  
Galpacino

When to expect communications from U of T?

I submitted my app on 10/31, already have taken the LSAT and all transcripts have been uploaded. I got the confirmation about my app from OLSAS, but I was wondering when to expect to hear from U of T about any updates, status checker portals, etc. Any insight? Thanks!

Just now, Galpacino said:

I submitted my app on 10/31, already have taken the LSAT and all transcripts have been uploaded. I got the confirmation about my app from OLSAS, but I was wondering when to expect to hear from U of T about any updates, status checker portals, etc. Any insight? Thanks!

UofT sends an Acknowledgement of Receipt within a week of submission. They don't have a status checker portal and you won't hear until they render a decision. They do 3 rounds: in mid December, late January, and mid March. You can check their Tumblr blog to know when those do take place.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• As everyone has mentioned above, only consider a foreign school if you have exhausted all your other options.  That being said, I would personally suggest Leicester. No one cares about which particular law school you went to when you come back (unless its the Top 3 mentioned above). The reason why I suggest Leicester is based on the fact that they have Canadian Faculty and have begun teaching Foundations of Canadian Law and Canadian Constitutional Law. This will not waive an NCA requirement, but it’s nice to have learnt that before having to do it on your own. Leicester is also extremely central, has a better cost of living than some other cities and the Canadian Law Society is actually a great tool. They hold alumni events twice a year in Canada and although the turnout is small, it’s still a great resource. All that being said, try your best to get into a Canadian Law school!   If you have any questions about Leicester or the whole process in general feel free to message me. I am a recent Leicester grad, have finished all my NCA’s and will be starting Articles in a couple of weeks.
    • lol property isn't all that bad, constitutional worst hands down
    • It's also probably better for the firms.  They spread the entire cost of their students over the 10 month articling term without paying lump sums for bonuses at different times of the year. 
    • Sure. That's true of most areas of law. All things being equal, the candidate with higher grades will win out. That's especially true if you're looking at going into an area where your personality and things like the ability to source work matter even less. But gaining experience through extracurriculars and clinics, etc. will be a big help in getting some of these jobs, and I can say that some people working in niche areas like constitutional or human rights law were not necessarily honours graduates in my class.