Sign in to follow this  
Ladybug8712

Applying Access

Hello All! 

Quick question - what happens if I apply in the access category and a school feels that I do not belong. 

I spoke with an admissions advisor at osgoode and she told me to fill out Part B due to my mental health, and so i also applied access at Queens but I am wondering if the advisors there wont agree with my access claim. Will they simply place my application back into the regular pile?

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, ForensicAnthropology said:

yes they would

Thank you! If you dont mind me asking how do you know this? Did you read it somewhere?

4 hours ago, Ladybug8712 said:

Thank you! If you dont mind me asking how do you know this? Did you read it somewhere?

Where else can they place it?

Edited by Luckycharm
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Where else can they place it?

The trash? If they feel that someone’s not actually access wouldn’t they just throw away the access app

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, lawyeredqueen said:

The trash? If they feel that someone’s not actually access wouldn’t they just throw away the access app

may be.

Edited by Luckycharm

If the admissions committee does not feel like your application deserves to be considered under Access, they will move you to the general category. 

12 hours ago, capitalttruth said:

If the admissions committee does not feel like your application deserves to be considered under Access, they will move you to the general category. 

I think all files are reviewed as general category first. Many access applicant were good enough for acceptance under general category.

If your stats are not good enough for general category acceptance, then your application will be reviewed  as access category. However, if your stats are not good enough for first round general category and you do not meet the access criteria, then you will be either rejected or place on wait list.

Op, you did not post your stats. I guess you have sub 160 LSAT and around 3.8 to 3.85 GPA /L2 ?

You probably need 160+ to be sure 

If you don’t meet the access criteria you’ll be considered under the general category. Every school does this, as far as I am aware. I know no instance of a school tossing an application out after deciding the access criteria are not met. 

9 hours ago, Ryn said:

If you don’t meet the access criteria you’ll be considered under the general category. Every school does this, as far as I am aware. I know no instance of a school tossing an application out after deciding the access criteria are not met. 

Okay thats great thanks so much 

8 hours ago, Ladybug8712 said:

You're good. Yeah im sitting at a 158, 3.86b2  and i REALLY dont want to rewrite 

what is GPA and L2?

13 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

what is GPA and L2?

3.81 and Queens takes B2 so thats 3.86 - my L2 are somewhere in between that, maybe 3.83 ish 

9 hours ago, Ladybug8712 said:

3.81 and Queens takes B2 so thats 3.86 - my L2 are somewhere in between that, maybe 3.83 ish 

100% Ottawa

80% Queens