Jump to content
lmnv3

Application Status Question

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, deliciouskiwi said:

Status changed from "Application Under Review" to "Decision Pending" today!! So weird because I am rewriting the LSAT next week (I have an existing score on file) and although I don't know my GPA on the 4.3 scale, I'm pretty sure my index is below 900. Has anyone else who indicated that they will write in January had their file progress in a similar fashion?

Yes, same thing happened to me last year. If you told them you're writing the LSAT again, they leave you Decision Pending until they get the new score. I wouldn't read too much into it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lawfacade123 said:

Yes, same thing happened to me last year. If you told them you're writing the LSAT again, they leave you Decision Pending until they get the new score. I wouldn't read too much into it. 

Oh okay, thanks for the information. May I ask if you were accepted or rejected last year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, deliciouskiwi said:

Oh okay, thanks for the information. May I ask if you were accepted or rejected last year?

Accepted. My second LSAT was a far cry better than my first and it put me over the auto-admit index.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking in as on of the "decision pending" folks with borderline stats - haven't calculated my GPA for uVic but it's probably a 3.7x and my LSAT is 162. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MountainMon said:

Checking in as on of the "decision pending" folks with borderline stats - haven't calculated my GPA for uVic but it's probably a 3.7x and my LSAT is 162. 

Any idea of a reliable way to calculate GPA for UVic? I've browsed a lot of the threads but I can't seem to find a way to do it, so I emailed admissions asking for my GPA but she replied saying to ask for that info again once the admissions cycle is over (?!) which I find really strange. Like what's the point of getting your GPA after the fact? Every other school I asked replied with my GPA when I asked them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, deliciouskiwi said:

Any idea of a reliable way to calculate GPA for UVic? I've browsed a lot of the threads but I can't seem to find a way to do it, so I emailed admissions asking for my GPA but she replied saying to ask for that info again once the admissions cycle is over (?!) which I find really strange. Like what's the point of getting your GPA after the fact? Every other school I asked replied with my GPA when I asked them.

I’m pretty sure you just convert all your grades to a 4.33 scale and subtract the four worst classes (only if you’ve completed your degree) - I’ve just been too lazy to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ThunderStorm said:

My status switched to “Decision Pending” today.

 

 

 

 

 

When did you submit your app with all the relevant documents?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 10:47 PM, MountainMon said:

I’m pretty sure you just convert all your grades to a 4.33 scale and subtract the four worst classes (only if you’ve completed your degree) - I’ve just been too lazy to.

It's a little more complex than that. They subtract a certain amount based on how many classes you've completed. Everyone has a certain amount of drops, it just depends how many. I calculated mine and found the info online so it should be somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ThunderStorm said:

My status switched to “Decision Pending” today.

 

 

 

 

 

I'm so jealous. Still in "Under Review" purgatory. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, toastedguac said:

When did you submit your app with all the relevant documents?

I had everything submitted by the first week of September. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, castlepie said:

I'm so jealous. Still in "Under Review" purgatory. 

Hah! While I am certainly glad for some movement, there’s no certainty that the decision pending is the one I am hoping for. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ThunderStorm said:

I had everything submitted by the first week of September. 

That's a long time to be waiting on some assessment of your profile. Were they waiting for your Fall grades to come in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, toastedguac said:

That's a long time to be waiting on some assessment of your profile. Were they waiting for your Fall grades to come in?

No. Based on some of the advice on this forum, I would say the delay is in part due to the fact that I applied under the discretionary category. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ThunderStorm said:

No. Based on some of the advice on this forum, I would say the delay is in part due to the fact that I applied under the discretionary category. 

good luck then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ThunderStorm said:

No. Based on some of the advice on this forum, I would say the delay is in part due to the fact that I applied under the discretionary category. 

Haha. I submitted like as soon as it opened in Sept, but not only am I applying Indigenous category, they also had to wait for my fall grades 🤣 Double whammy. One day I will see movement!

Edited by castlepie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone with “Decision pending” had any updates to their status after submitting their fall grades? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update for everyone, went from "app. under review" to "decision pending" today...hopefully it's good! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My application now says "Decision Pending". I have not been checking everyday, but I checked not too long ago and it had said "Application Submitted". Those are the only two statuses I have seen.

They are still awaiting my January LSAT. 

I submitted my application on December 20th, 2020.

Edited by thegoodlawyer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...