lmnv3

Application Status Question

My status was changed from application under review to decision pending today. 898 index so i highly doubt I would be rejected before even reporting my fall marks. What a gongshow

Edit: So I went from application under review to law - hold to application under review then to decision pending. 

Edited by ThomasShelby
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, ThomasShelby said:

My status was changed from application under review to decision pending today. 898 index so i highly doubt I would be rejected before even reporting my fall marks. What a gongshow

Edit: So I went from application under review to law - hold to application under review then to decision pending. 

Might be a good sign. I get you don’t want to get your hopes up but if it’s at decision pending it’s either accept or reject soon. I doubt they would reject anyone early on. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThunderStorm said:

Might be a good sign. I get you don’t want to get your hopes up but if it’s at decision pending it’s either accept or reject soon. I doubt they would reject anyone early on. 

I ran around my store with my coworker celebrating (no customers inside obviously) then I checked the sub and had my dreams crushed. That's kind of the dilemma I'm in. I just don't see how they'd reject a 898 this early. I put a lot of effort into my PS as well so i doubt its that. I just don't see how they'd admit me this early as well. Maybe we're seeing a lower than usual index for auto admission? Guess we'll all find out soon. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ThomasShelby said:

I ran around my store with my coworker celebrating (no customers inside obviously) then I checked the sub and had my dreams crushed. That's kind of the dilemma I'm in. I just don't see how they'd reject a 898 this early. I put a lot of effort into my PS as well so i doubt its that. I just don't see how they'd admit me this early as well. Maybe we're seeing a lower than usual index for auto admission? Guess we'll all find out soon. 

It’s so rough waiting and it’s so easy to read into every little thing. I hope we hear back sooner rather than later! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, castlepie said:

I've also seen people accepted after getting Decision pending...

Do you know if they were on the waitlist? I saw one post from someone who got decision pending and then got in off the wait list last year! 

Just a little harmless speculation but it seems to me that us "decision pending folks" fall under the auto-admit threshold.

UVic tells us that decision pending means our "application has been reviewed but no decision has been made yet". Which of course is where things get a tad more complicated.

Because it is far too early to reject and probably even waitlist anyone, those of us who are decision pending probably have a wide range of stats. You can have someone who just missed the cutoff with the same status as someone who is miles away from admission. 

As such we are in a murky area where (and keep in mind this is speculation) some decision pending applicants may start hearing back somewhat soon while others may be in limbo for months. 

Or at least that's how it seems to be based on what I've read and what makes sense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SadNWO said:

Just a little harmless speculation but it seems to me that us "decision pending folks" fall under the auto-admit threshold.

UVic tells us that decision pending means our "application has been reviewed but no decision has been made yet". Which of course is where things get a tad more complicated.

Because it is far too early to reject and probably even waitlist anyone, those of us who are decision pending probably have a wide range of stats. You can have someone who just missed the cutoff with the same status as someone who is miles away from admission. 

As such we are in a murky area where (and keep in mind this is speculation) some decision pending applicants may start hearing back somewhat soon while others may be in limbo for months. 

Or at least that's how it seems to be based on what I've read and what makes sense.

checks out

1 hour ago, SadNWO said:

Hmm, if you go back a page or two someone with a 3.82 without drops and a 163 LSAT said they got "decision pending". Even if we assume that the drops didn't improve their GPA at all, their index should still be 916.5=(87.8*5)+(3.82*125) going by the 7sage LSAT percentile aggregate. Of course if their LSAT significantly deviates from the aggregate (say, 86th percentile or 89th percentile) that would change their index (to 907 and 922.5, respectively). But that's still assuming that their GPA is unaffected by drops (which, I'm no statistician but that seems really unlikely unless their grades sat uniformly around 83 or so). 

My point is, you are probably right, but assuming that their LSAT and GPA truly sit at those estimates, this helps us determine a little more info about this year's admissions. It could be that:

A) you're right, and the auto admit index is higher this year;

B) their score is actually lower than my rough estimates and you're again totally right, or

C) trying to divine meaning from these status updates is like reading oracle bones ;)

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, NotSoGoodReally said:

C) trying to divine meaning from these status updates is like reading oracle bones ;)

🤣🤣 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, NotSoGoodReally said:

Hmm, if you go back a page or two someone with a 3.82 without drops and a 163 LSAT said they got "decision pending". Even if we assume that the drops didn't improve their GPA at all, their index should still be 916.5=(87.8*5)+(3.82*125) going by the 7sage LSAT percentile aggregate. Of course if their LSAT significantly deviates from the aggregate (say, 86th percentile or 89th percentile) that would change their index (to 907 and 922.5, respectively). But that's still assuming that their GPA is unaffected by drops (which, I'm no statistician but that seems really unlikely unless their grades sat uniformly around 83 or so). 

My point is, you are probably right, but assuming that their LSAT and GPA truly sit at those estimates, this helps us determine a little more info about this year's admissions. It could be that:

A) you're right, and the auto admit index is higher this year;

B) their score is actually lower than my rough estimates and you're again totally right, or

Hey, I'm the one whose stats your analyzing. To further complicated things, I took two semesters studying abroad in France (26ish credits worth of courses). I'm not sure if UVic is even counting this towards my GPA calculation, but if they were, and including drops, I couldn't see my GPA dropping below 3.82/4.33.

My 163 LSAT was the 86th percentile. This puts my index at a minimum of 907.5. 

I feel like my personal statement was strong, but who really knows. 

Overall, I'm pretty confident that I will get the call eventually. The one thing that worries me is my horrendous LSAT writing. 3/10 at best ahaha. I've heard the LSAT writing is irrelevant, but we'll see. 

Edited by Mmm1995

The stats of those who have been accepted thus far are also wayyy high, so they may be putting our applications aside for now to see how many of the auto admits accept their offers? 

Edited by Toby1994
Spelling
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Toby1994 said:

The stats of those who have been accepted thus far are also wayyy high, so they may be putting our applications aside for now to see how many of the auto admits accept their offers? 

That proves it, I will be in "under review" purgatory until May! 🤣

1 hour ago, Toby1994 said:

That's my concern as well. Almost all of the first admits have way higher scores than the last few years' threads by this time of year. It may be just coincidence, but... It is disconcerting seeing ALL the admits with much higher scores, where last year the first few pages of posters had roughly the same score as me.

• Like 2

Just to add one more data point here, I've been at "Application Under Review" since last Friday. I forget what my status was before that. I applied early November, still awaiting my Fall grades. Index score is around 945. 

No clue what any of it means haha, have to just wait and see 

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 11:34 PM, castlepie said:

Wow now the panic is really on, what if it takes like 1+ weeks for it to get reviewed....

okay as an update I'm still in "Under Review" purgatory almost 2 weeks later 🤣 UVic please end my suffering!

• Like 2

Just an update for anyone curious, my application went from "application submitted" to "application under review" on 14/12. I submitted 30/11. 

GPA 3.7 or 3.8 w/drops (not sure how they'll count mine).

LSAT 92nd percentile (166)

Self-calculated index 922.5 or 935 depending on GPA calculation

Edited by NotSoGoodReally
  • Like 1

My application went to application under review after I submitted my fall grades around December 20th and just today went to decision pending. My stats are quite high (3.7ish GPA and 170 LSAT - makes for about a 945 index)

• Like 3

My application also just went to "application under review" haven't submitted fall grades yet but i did submit a transcript at time of application 

Status changed from "Application Under Review" to "Decision Pending" today!! So weird because I am rewriting the LSAT next week (I have an existing score on file) and although I don't know my GPA on the 4.3 scale, I'm pretty sure my index is below 900. Has anyone else who indicated that they will write in January had their file progress in a similar fashion?

Once you submit your application does it take a few days for it to show as submitted? I submitted mine/paid and it still says "in progress" application and when i click on it still have the option to pay and submit. So confused, and a bit worried as the deadline for submitting is this week!

Edited by CPeaks