lmnv3

Application Status Question

On 11/10/2020 at 8:28 PM, ThomasShelby said:

What day did you apply and what are your stats? I submitted October 11 with a 3.5/167 and still haven't had a change. 

I submitted Nov. 4 and haven't had a change. I know you submitted almost a month before me, but I'm also still in my 4th year undergrad. I'm sure they will process them at some point, likely before our fall grades are in too.

2 hours ago, tfalco said:

I submitted Nov. 4 and haven't had a change. I know you submitted almost a month before me, but I'm also still in my 4th year undergrad. I'm sure they will process them at some point, likely before our fall grades are in too.

Nope, I'm a 4th year as well. Now i'm slightly concerned for myself fml

17 hours ago, ThomasShelby said:

Nope, I'm a 4th year as well. Now i'm slightly concerned for myself fml

I’m aware that you’re also a 4th year, that’s why I replied. I was just trying to say you should relax, they’ll get to everyone’s application soon. 

1 hour ago, ThomasShelby said:

Just went to Law - to Committee for review. 167 LSAT and 3.5+ L2

Mine too. Any indication that this is a good sign?

37 minutes ago, SadNWO said:

Mine too. Any indication that this is a good sign?

From what I’ve been able to find out perusing posts on here, it means we’re not in auto-admit territory but our applications are being assessed holistically and ranked for later offers/waitlist. But honestly who knows! 

3 hours ago, Toby1994 said:

From what I’ve been able to find out perusing posts on here, it means we’re not in auto-admit territory but our applications are being assessed holistically and ranked for later offers/waitlist. But honestly who knows! 

Was your status previously "forwarded to admissions officer"? 

Mine was and based on past years I had thought that a good sign. So this has kinda thrown me through a loop.

11 minutes ago, SadNWO said:

Was your status previously "forwarded to admissions officer"? 

Mine was and based on past years I had thought that a good sign. So this has kinda thrown me through a loop.

Hmm... that is strange! Mine just went from “forwarded for review” to “law - forwarded to committee for review”. 

On 11/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, castlepie said:

Okay UVIC theoretically has everything they need from me (minus official transcript once I'm done the year)....

Just went from Law-Hold to App Forwarded for Review.

Now I'm confused, I thought people generally went from Law-Hold TO App Forwarded for Review, not the other way around, LOL. What does it mean!? UVIC's ambiguous terms are endlessly amusing, it's like we're cracking a code lol.

Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone had any insight. Still at App Forwarded for Review! Submitted early early Sept.

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to retrieve the LSAT score? I wrote the November LSAT and LSAC has already sent the updated score on Nov 25 to UVic but I am still stuck on Law - Hold and my LSAT received date is still Oct 15 when they received my May LSAT score. 

16 minutes ago, surf2020 said:

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to retrieve the LSAT score? I wrote the November LSAT and LSAC has already sent the updated score on Nov 25 to UVic but I am still stuck on Law - Hold and my LSAT received date is still Oct 15 when they received my May LSAT score. 

For my Oct 2020 LSAT, it was received 25 days later after the test date.

On 11/26/2020 at 4:41 PM, castlepie said:

Just wanted to bump this and see if anyone had any insight. Still at App Forwarded for Review! Submitted early early Sept.

Did you apply to the general category?? I know that access acceptances started to go out a bit later in the cycle last year. They could be holding off on assessing your application if it’s access...if not, your guess is as good as mine! 

9 minutes ago, Toby1994 said:

Did you apply to the general category?? I know that access acceptances started to go out a bit later in the cycle last year. They could be holding off on assessing your application if it’s access...if not, your guess is as good as mine! 

Indigenous category. I was expecting to be on Law-Hold for awhile (waiting for fall grades, I believe access/Indigenous category goes out a little later, and thus stay on Hold) but I wasn't expecting my app to be forwarded so early. My stats aren't auto admit for index either haha.

Edited by castlepie

My application just changed today to "Application under review", it was previously "Application forwarded for review" and then  "Law - to committee for review"

I haven't seen this status in previous threads or under UVIC's definitions, does anyone else have that? or know if its a good sign or a bad sign?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hopefulforlaw said:

My application just changed today to "Application under review", it was previously "Application forwarded for review" and then  "Law - to committee for review"

I haven't seen this status in previous threads or under UVIC's definitions, does anyone else have that? or know if its a good sign or a bad sign?

Wow I have never heard of that and I've lurked pretty hardcore. To be fair,last year App Forwarded: Adm Ads or whatever was new, so maybe this one is new this year 

Edited by castlepie
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, hopefulforlaw said:

Mine was Law - Hold earlier today and now it also says "Application under review". Not sure what it means 😬

Edited by surf2020
  • Like 4