lmnv3

Application Status Question

On 1/18/2021 at 5:11 PM, castlepie said:

Haha. I submitted like as soon as it opened in Sept, but not only am I applying Indigenous category, they also had to wait for my fall grades¬†ūü§£ Double whammy. One day I will see movement!

@castlepie just curious to see if you’ve noticed any changes. Would they have already received your fall grades by now (perhaps a silly question!)? 

9 minutes ago, ThunderStorm said:

@castlepie just curious to see if you’ve noticed any changes. Would they have already received your fall grades by now (perhaps a silly question!)? 

STILL UNDER REVIEW!!!! LMAOOO. Yes they've got my fall grades. My guess is they're waiting for the Indigenous committee to go over the Indigenous applications but. Why leave me on under review!!!! Lmaoooooo

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, castlepie said:

STILL UNDER REVIEW!!!! LMAOOO. Yes they've got my fall grades. My guess is they're waiting for the Indigenous committee to go over the Indigenous applications but. Why leave me on under review!!!! Lmaoooooo

Yes, it is curious. Although, I imagine the Admissions Committee has a lot more than usual to overcome this cycle. My guess is they¬†are quite tied up with their usual requirements at the university, which are complicated by zoom sessions and meetings. Plus it‚Äôs probably trickier for the Admissions Committee to virtually review¬†each of the applications. At least that‚Äôs what I am telling myself when I worry about not hearing back yet, ūüėČ although I would say it is still somewhat early.

16 minutes ago, castlepie said:

I've been in "under review" purgatory for a month now, hopefully something soon. I applied in the regular category so not sure wtf is going on haha. At least I haven't been rejected yet I suppose....?

My GPA is somewhere around 3.5 after drops, 169 LSAT. I suppose that puts me right on the cusp of the auto admit index, so maybe they are taking a closer look at my PS etc.

• Like 1

Anyone still in the "Application Submitted" purgatory? I applied just a few days before the deadline.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, GreatPark said:

Anyone still in the "Application Submitted" purgatory? I applied just a few days before the deadline.

I think we're in for the long haul, it'll probably be late February/March by the time our profiles are evaluated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, toastedguac said:

I think we're in for the long haul, it'll probably be late February/March by the time our profiles are evaluated. 

Feels bad man... oh well fingers crossed!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, toastedguac said:

Does anyone know how uvic treats an A- ? Is it 3.67, or 3.7

it's a 3.67, they emailed me a resource sheet with how to convert your grades earlier this cycle 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 734bird said:

it's a 3.67, they emailed me a resource sheet with how to convert your grades earlier this cycle 

And a B+ is 3.33?

12 hours ago, toastedguac said:

And a B+ is 3.33?

yes - every single change in grade goes down by 0.33 or 0.34 as far down as C which is a 2.0, then D is 1.0 and F is a 0!

• Like 1

Going through my app through the status checker and I noticed that I submitted my lsat score as opposed to the percentile, is this gonna matter to adcoms since the index calculator relies on lsat percentile?

Edited by toastedguac

Hey everyone,

I haven't heard back from Uvic yet but I calculated my index to be 931 - What do people think my chances are?

Would really appreciate any feedback! 

Hi guys, another data point for you all. My status got switched to 'decision pending' from 'application under review' today.¬†ūüôɬ†I'm roughly around a 900 index score (not sure if I calculated my gpa with drops and everything right)¬†for reference. Looks like its going to be a long couple months¬†ūü•ļ

Edited by lawlawlaw99662
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Another update: my status¬†still says app submitted but I can finally see my¬†checklist! Just so grateful someone is finally touching my file¬†ūüėāūüėā

Fingers crossed!!! 

On 2/13/2021 at 11:06 PM, toastedguac said:

Going through my app through the status checker and I noticed that I submitted my lsat score as opposed to the percentile, is this gonna matter to adcoms since the index calculator relies on lsat percentile?

I'd guess that they'd get the scores from LSAC as well so would probably use that in your index calculation if you didn't include percentiles :) I really wouldn't worry about it!! Good luck!

Edited by lawlawlaw99662

14 hours ago, lawlawlaw99662 said:

Hi guys, another data point for you all. My status got switched to 'decision pending' from 'application under review' today.¬†ūüôɬ†I'm roughly around a 900 index score (not sure if I calculated my gpa with drops and everything right)¬†for reference. Looks like its going to be a long couple months¬†ūü•ļ

Would you mind mentioning your stats? 

Does anyone know when they receive our Jan scores whether our application should reflect that? My application says they received my Jan score yesterday, but under the 'Test Scores' dropdown it only shows my Nov self reported score.

Cheers!

My application status got changed from "Application submitted" to "Application under review" as of today. Nothing in between. 

I submitted my application on January 12th. 

Fingers crossed! 

• Like 3