lmnv3

Application Status Question

Hey guys!

I submitted my application on Sept 3rd. 

My status changed to App Forwarded to Review shortly after, and as of today's date, it says App Forwarded: Adms Officer.

Does anybody know what this status means? Anybody else have this status?

I have this as well. I guess it means the materials are under review. 

Edited by qwopwo

Interesting, as "App Forwarded: Adms Officer." is not on their list of statuses with definitions:

Applicant Cancelled - Applicant withdrew application prior to admission decision

App Forwarded for Review - This stage may take several months

Additional item(s) required - See Requirements checklist for missing items.

Law - Hold - Your application has been evaluated and a final decision is pending. This stage may take several months.

Law Conditional Offer Accepted - See your offer letter for the conditions that must be met.

Law - to Committee for review - This stage may take several months.

Decision Pending - Your application has been reviewed but a final decision has not been made.

Mine still just says "application submitted". I expect it to stay that way for a long while, though, since I'm not writing the LSAT til later this month.

-GM

In the same boat here guys! It is slightly (very) anxiety inducing lol! Let me know when your status gets updated and I'll do the same :)

Don't take my word for it since the "Adms Officer" status didn't exist last cycle, but the admissions officer was the last person to read and sign off on my file before I received an offer. If your status went from "App Forwarded to Review" straight to "App Forwarded: Adms Officer", that could be a good sign, especially if your stats are relatively high. Typically, the people whose stats aren't high enough to receive immediate decisions go from "App Forwarded for Review" to "To (Admissions) Committee for Review" or "Law - Hold" (if they're waiting on your final grades).

Good luck! 

Edited by Tagger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Interesting, mine went straight from submitted to App Forwarded: Admissions Officer. Hopefully that’s a good thing! I am expecting it to go to hold because of my classes underway. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PlatoandSocrates said:

Interesting, mine went straight from submitted to App Forwarded: Admissions Officer. Hopefully that’s a good thing! I am expecting it to go to hold because of my classes underway. 

I'm in the same boat here- there was never an "app forwarded for review" it just went straight to admissions officer. I'm in my final year of undergrad so there a good chance they'll just put me on hold til January, however my grades are pretty decent and my LSAt is very high so im holding out hope that they'll just let me in lol. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Emekj said:

I'm in the same boat here- there was never an "app forwarded for review" it just went straight to admissions officer. I'm in my final year of undergrad so there a good chance they'll just put me on hold til January, however my grades are pretty decent and my LSAt is very high so im holding out hope that they'll just let me in lol. 

Yeah I was kind of hoping the same haha. I think I’m pretty well set on the auto admit threshold, so my fall grades probably won’t have much of an impact either way. Regardless, the faq states that no final decisions are made until fall grades are received, so I imagine we will just have to wait and see!

1 minute ago, PlatoandSocrates said:

Yeah I was kind of hoping the same haha. I think I’m pretty well set on the auto admit threshold, so my fall grades probably won’t have much of an impact either way. Regardless, the faq states that no final decisions are made until fall grades are received, so I imagine we will just have to wait and see!

Lol I completely feel you. The wait is killing me and I hate that we're very likely just going to have to wait until the new year as if those 4 or 5 courses will make a big difference. UVic is my top choice so this is the one that i just want to know

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Emekj said:

Lol I completely feel you. The wait is killing me and I hate that we're very likely just going to have to wait until the new year as if those 4 or 5 courses will make a big difference. UVic is my top choice so this is the one that i just want to know

Ha, sounds like we’re in the exact same boat. UVic is my number one and I know I’m going to have to wait until January at least. All for five classes that, with the drop system, could feasibly have zero impact haha. I guess patience is the key. I think we’re both in for good news in the new year!

33 minutes ago, PlatoandSocrates said:

Ha, sounds like we’re in the exact same boat. UVic is my number one and I know I’m going to have to wait until January at least. All for five classes that, with the drop system, could feasibly have zero impact haha. I guess patience is the key. I think we’re both in for good news in the new year!

Sure hope so! Maybe i'll be seeing you in Victoria this September! Best of luck!!!!

5 minutes ago, uvichopeful90 said:

Now at "Law - to committee for review". Could be a while before it changes again. 

Forward momentum at this stage is probably a good thing! Best of luck!

Thanks! You as well. I did read elsewhere that this likely means I'm below the auto-admit index, but I figured if anything I would be squeaking in (hence why I'm rewriting the LSAT in January).

1 minute ago, uvichopeful90 said:

Thanks! You as well. I did read elsewhere that this likely means I'm below the auto-admit index, but I figured if anything I would be squeaking in (hence why I'm rewriting the LSAT in January).

Good luck on the LSAT! I wrote twice and did significantly better the second time. There is really something to be said with knowing what you're going into/ what to expect- I had way less nerves second time around

• Like 1

Mine still just says "Application Submitted". I wouldn't be expecting them to look at it too much now anyway because November is my first LSAT. Still, would be nice if they could calculate my GPA and stuff beforehand, so that things can move quickly once I get my LSAT marks in December!